lower back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower back pain

hey guys, i was just curious to know if anyone has experienced pain in the lower back. In my case it can be a throbing pain, but also sometimes i get sharp bolts of pain in my spine. this has been off and on for over a year and i wanted to know if anyone had gone through something similar and had a good cure.
    ps i have gone to the chiropractor a couple of times but that just seems to be a quick fix that doesnt last.
    any imput is much obliged.

Originally posted by wilbur775
    hey guys, i was just curious to know if anyone has experienced pain in the lower back. In my case it can be a throbing pain, but also sometimes i get sharp bolts of pain in my spine. this has been off and on for over a year and i wanted to know if anyone had gone through something similar and had a good cure.
    ps i have gone to the chiropractor a couple of times but that just seems to be a quick fix that doesnt last.
    any imput is much obliged.
    Low back pain is the most common cause of disability in the country. There are a lot of questions I could ask, but I'm not a medical professional. I just read a lot of their reports. Do you get shooting pains or numbness in your buttocks or legs? If you do then get thyself to an orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon. If not, then go to your primary care physician and have him/her check it out. They can probably recommend some PT focused on strengthening the abdominals that will help. Bottom line, don't let it go untended.

As you observed, chiropractors are good only for quick fixes. That's why there are so many people going back to them every couple weeks for years. If you want to resolve the problem, go to physicians.

Comment

I had problems with my lower back for years. It got so bad I could no longer swing a bat and later, in my late twenties, I was unable to walk well for days at a time. The pain was unreal. Finally a dcotor told me it was a lumbar strain. I built up the muscles in my lower back and I've been without the problem for ten years now.
      Last edited by runningshoes; 01-26-2006, 05:15 AM.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Do I ever get lower back pain?! Do bears poop in the woods?!

My lower back woes are directly related to the swollen mass on my front side just above my beltline, i.e., I could drop 20 pounds. Ok, I could drop 30 pounds, but my point was it could be weight related.

Also, how old are you? If you are young, under 40, then you definitely should go see a real doctor and not a crackopractor. Any sharp pain that is recurring no matter where it is should be taken to a real doctor.

When I started having some back pains years ago, I started to do some exercises my doctor recommended to me and, for the most part, my back pains don't flare up. At least as often. Could also be related to posture, especially if you spend a lot of time in a chair behind a desk or if you make your living behind the wheel of a car or truck. I wear one of those weight belts --- My wife lovingly refers to it as the Love Handle Girdle --- when I'm working (landscaping) or when I drive long distances (anything over about 75 miles in one stretch).

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, but I sometimes play one at on-line message boards
        Never confuse character with geography --- Red Smith
        Astros Daily

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X