Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drill I use

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by tom.guerry
    .

    Also note the different result of back elbow lowering in HG vs Pujols.

    When Pujols elbow comes down,the bat is moving/circling/uncocking.
    The reason I do this is because it was BEAT into our heads in the the system I was in last season. The first move they wanted was your back elbow to go down and actually get in front of your hands.

    Comment


    • #47
      HG said: The reason I do this is because it was BEAT into our heads in the the system I was in last season. The first move they wanted was your back elbow to go down and actually get in front of your hands.
      Good thing that you shrewdly maneuvered your release, eh?

      So what happens if you get called up to the Padres and they run Tony Gwynn over to work with you? Just tell 'em you found a better hitting guru. This guy!
      sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Ursa Major
        Good thing that you shrewdly maneuvered your release, eh?

        So what happens if you get called up to the Padres and they run Tony Gwynn over to work with you?
        Bruce Botchy is an Epstein supporter and Epstein and Gwynn are adversaries, so I doubt that Gwynn will be around teaching guys how to hit singles.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Ursa Major
          Good thing that you shrewdly maneuvered your release, eh?

          So what happens if you get called up to the Padres and they run Tony Gwynn over to work with you? Just tell 'em you found a better hitting guru. This guy!
          This year I'm smarter than I was last, so I'll be able to smell the BS a mile away

          Can you send me the actual clip of that, so I see more than the frames its showing?

          It doesn't look like he has a load of any kind in this clip. Am I wrong?
          Last edited by hiddengem; 02-03-2006, 11:21 AM.

          Comment


          • #50
            as much as nyman rubs people the wrong way you got to remember the guys as old as me and its tuff to look real smooth with a bat at that age..OBVIOUSLY.lol..

            Comment


            • #51
              HG said: This year I'm smarter than I was last, so I'll be able to smell the BS a mile away
              Oh, for Gwynn it's not BS, but it's not going to work for anyone not named, Gwynn, Carew or Suzuki. Glad to hear that Bochy's a rotational guy, even if an Epstein guy. On the other hand, you won't now need to know where your "scap" is, as Epstein prefers counter rotation to scap loading, if I understand his training correctly.

              Can you send me the actual clip of that, so I see more than the frames its showing? It doesn't look like he has a load of any kind in this clip. Am I wrong?
              This clip was the introduction to the first of five lengthy (and free!) videos that Nyman put up on his site about his philosopy of hitting, available at:

              http://www.setpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

              The clips seem to run at about two frames per second in order to keep the file size low, so there's nothing I can do to slow 'em down. I did string together four of the swings into one small file, downloadable here. By looking at all four, you may get a better picture of what he does.
              sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Ursa Major
                This clip was the introduction to the first of five lengthy (and free!) videos that Nyman put up on his site about his philosopy of hitting, available at:

                http://www.setpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

                The clips seem to run at about two frames per second in order to keep the file size low, so there's nothing I can do to slow 'em down. I did string together four of the swings into one small file, downloadable here. By looking at all four, you may get a better picture of what he does.
                Is he tring to sell the equipment or the swing? Or both?
                "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I haven't bothered to watch the videos to see. Given that he's got the equipment front and center (and the lights on them annoyingly flashing into the camera), I'd bet he hopes to sell more equipment with it.
                  sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Watch that and if that doesn't give you some insight into the nature of the beast then nothing will

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      you can just smell the arrogance.lol..He does have nads to post that swing.You'll find his trolls are worse.

                      As for the swing,,,can you imagine ohfor getting kicked off that sight for having given out too much information..? holy cow...how come guys like ohfor never post their kids swings? makes me wonder if this guys know is limited to hot wings,draft beer and big screen TV's.lol
                      Last edited by wogdoggy; 02-03-2006, 07:59 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by wogdoggy
                        you can just smell the arrogance.lol..He does have nads to post that swing.You'll find his trolls are worse.

                        As for the swing,,,can you imagine ohfor getting kicked off that sight for having given out too much information..? holy cow...how come guys like ohfor never post their kids swings? makes me wonder if this guys know is limited to hot wings,draft beer and big screen TV's.lol
                        His son has a nice swing

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I'm no Nyman apologist. I probably was, once. Things change.

                          That said, he has many times characterized his swing - some of which are better than those shown here - as equivalent to about an 11 YO in terms of efficiency. He's 58 (or so), started late, and it is what it is.

                          But he makes a point that it is NOT high level.

                          Mine isn't either, but I think I am a reasonably effective instructor.


                          Regards,

                          Scott

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                            That picture of Pujols is beautiful. No wasted movement, essentially his stride has already been taken and he's just chillin'. Sure, the left heal raises off the ground as a timing/slight weightshift mechanism, but dang it's pretty.
                            That's not what I see. I see a big momentum development and transfer.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by hiddengem
                              Richard...We all concede that you are most likely correct with how you are describing what Pujols is doing. I think the thing these guys (and me included, sometimes) wish you would do, is to NOT use Nyman terms to describe whats going on. "Foward by turning" is very, Nymanish if you will and many of us don't understand what you mean.

                              .
                              Credit where credit is due regardless of Nyman's engaging personality. Forward by turning is pure Jim Dixon.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by jsiggy
                                As for casting, I still say there are better ways to correct this problem. I'm coming from the assumption that I must get a kid to learn how to stay connected to have a high-level swing - and casting is just one of many forms of disconnecting. So rather than fixing "casting", I just work on connection and fix casting as a side-effect.
                                That would be my call as well.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X