Blister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blister

I got a blister from hitting today. It is located on the bottom of my left thumb on the back of my hand. I was hitting without batting gloves and I think my hands rubbed together. Did I do someting wrong, like gripping the bat incorrectly, that caused this blister?
    Last edited by Gashouse6; 02-04-2006, 03:23 PM.
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Originally posted by Gashouse6
    I got a blister from hitting today. It is located on the bottom of my left thumb on the back of my hand. I was hitting without batting gloves and I think my hands rubbed together. Did I do someting wrong, like gripping the bat incorrectly, that caused this blister?
    No you didn't do anything wrong. Just rub some dirt on it and get back in the box, you wuss.

Comment

LOL. Funny, but in a nice "locker room" way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohfor
        LOL. Funny, but in a nice "locker room" way.
        I had it down a different way, and then had to edit it. Didn't want anybody to take offense, with my "over the computer humor".

Comment

I agree with HG. Spit some tobacco juice on it, grab a cold beer, put your arm around your lady, and throw on some Raging Bull or Goodfellas. BE A MAN !!

Comment

Do a Moises Alou and piss on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by AYEKAYE47
              Do a Moises Alou and piss on your hands.

That was in my original quote, but though somebody might take offense to it, so I erased it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gashouse6
                Ok rememmber guys he's only 13...
                Gashouse it can be several things. I would first recommend proper fitting batting gloves. You may also want to change the grip on your bat. They are inexpensive and easy to replace.

You may also be holding the bat way too tight. If you can imagine a scale of 1-10, 1 being so lose that the bat slips freely from your hands and ten is as hard as you can hold it. Start with a 3-4 as you set up. Your grip becomes tighter when you swing. As the bat approaches the hitting zone you move from 5-6 to 10 at contact.
                "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

The grib was also a tape grib that my friend did. I was using his old bat, because I didn't want to crack my new one. This grib is really thick. I think I was probably starting like at 6 on your grip scale.
                  GOT ALBERT?
                  St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                  http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

I would get a better grip

Comment

I would keep developing calus (rough skin) on your hand if it bothers you so much.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X