Ban Metal Bats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wogdoggy
    lol...better than no baseball at all? what kinda comparison is that..ITS ABOUT MONEY AND CORPORATE PROFITS..if you break 3 bats in one day you are really mishitting it,,and should prolly own a minus 12 0z metal...maybe we should use big fred flinstone ulta light bats ,,,,like the golf clubs they make with the head the size of a breadbasket...that should keep everyone playing..
    I've never broken 3 bats in one day, but I could certainly see it happening on the wrong day, especially with the bats I like. I take the same approach with wood as with metal and try to hit the hell out of the ball...and I have run into guys with late break on their power pitches who can get me on the hands or off the (bat) cup and shear me off good. Part of the game...I've always adjusted after losing one bat, but I'm sure I could have a bad day and lose more in a game. But, the last thing I'm going to do is be defensive at the plate to save a bat.
    I used -5oz metals in adult league play, and why? Because everybody else in the league did, more or less...I wasn't going to give up the advantage. When I would join a Sunday pickup game, I would use wood more often, because the competition was less intense. But, there was that one guy there who threw some kind of funny cutter...
    I have always wanted to play in a wood bat league, and now there is one in my area for my age group...but, now I have a family and absolutely cannot and will not give up my family weekend time for baseball. I did it for one year after my daughter was born and felt like I was the worst father in the world, and I probably wasn't too far off. I'll just have to keep my swing in gear until my daughter is old enough to not want to have anything to do with me. When it's time, I'll still have several seasons worth of wood waiting in the basement.
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X