Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooperstown Dreams Park 2019 Team Entry Certificate (Golden Ticket)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooperstown Dreams Park 2019 Team Entry Certificate (Golden Ticket)

Hey guys, taking a shot in the dark here and wondering if any of you know a team/organization that has an Entry Certificate for CDP in 2019 that they don't plan to use. We're looking to take our boys and have already started the fundraising and planning process. It is our understanding though that even though we pay the entry early, we may still be denied on the weeks we've chosen.

If others of you have registered for that tournament without the entry certificate, please also share with me your experience doing so.

Thanks,
    WH.

I thought you had to have it? (Not sure - just what I heard - no experience here.) Once upon a time, I recall seeing someone offering to lease their ticket one year for $1,000. We ended up going to Village just for that reason.
    Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
      I thought you had to have it? (Not sure - just what I heard - no experience here.) Once upon a time, I recall seeing someone offering to lease their ticket one year for $1,000. We ended up going to Village just for that reason.
      From what I've heard, you can get in without the ticket, provided there is space, but the entry pools fill up with ticket holders first, then it's first come, first served after that.

Comment

We got in without one, but 2 other local teams that tried did not get in. We were very early with all of our paperwork and money. I don't know what weeks you are shooting for, I know that some weeks fill up very fast and others maybe not so much. When you look at the teams that are entered, toward the end of August it seems to be mostly Northeast teams. Earlier in the summer it is a much broader range.

Comment

Originally posted by bman52 View Post
          We got in without one, but 2 other local teams that tried did not get in. We were very early with all of our paperwork and money. I don't know what weeks you are shooting for, I know that some weeks fill up very fast and others maybe not so much. When you look at the teams that are entered, toward the end of August it seems to be mostly Northeast teams. Earlier in the summer it is a much broader range.
          Sounds like my research is pretty true then. I think our HC wants to submit paperwork shortly for 2019, but again, if the weeks we're choosing are highly desirable, we may get shut out. I know we're trying to avoid the last week in July, which historically seems like the MLB HOF inauguration ceremonies.

Thanks also for the analysis on the field of teams.
          Last edited by WailukuHeights; 08-28-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I would write to them. They love teams from Hawaii, at least Coach Lou did. The omiyage (gifts) and extra effort that Hawaii teams typically provide, like doing the Haka during the opening ceremonies, along with the good sportsmanship and talent level that is typical of teams attending the tournament, gives Hawaii teams a good chance of getting in. Also, they realize that we don't have the opportunities to play in travel tournaments much. We did not have a golden ticket three years ago, but the coach wrote them and I believe called them to follow up. The year after we went, 5 teams from Mililani went up, 4 of them without golden tickets. I think a total of 10 teams from Hawaii during that summer attended one week or another. It also won't hurt to include some Kona coffee or macnuts with your application. LOL.

If you do get into the tournament, don't forget that you need to bring an umpire to the tournament. If you can't find one on Maui, I know a few here who wouldn't mind going. Also, I know of an umpire that works the tournament that you could hire. From what I heard, hiring him is cheaper than paying for the umpires travel expenses, which is typically what teams on Oahu pickup. From talking to the umpires here, working the tournament is a great experience for them too.

Comment

Originally posted by mauisnow View Post
              I would write to them. They love teams from Hawaii, at least Coach Lou did. The omiyage (gifts) and extra effort that Hawaii teams typically provide, like doing the Haka during the opening ceremonies, along with the good sportsmanship and talent level that is typical of teams attending the tournament, gives Hawaii teams a good chance of getting in. Also, they realize that we don't have the opportunities to play in travel tournaments much. We did not have a golden ticket three years ago, but the coach wrote them and I believe called them to follow up. The year after we went, 5 teams from Mililani went up, 4 of them without golden tickets. I think a total of 10 teams from Hawaii during that summer attended one week or another. It also won't hurt to include some Kona coffee or macnuts with your application. LOL.

If you do get into the tournament, don't forget that you need to bring an umpire to the tournament. If you can't find one on Maui, I know a few here who wouldn't mind going. Also, I know of an umpire that works the tournament that you could hire. From what I heard, hiring him is cheaper than paying for the umpires travel expenses, which is typically what teams on Oahu pickup. From talking to the umpires here, working the tournament is a great experience for them too.
              Appreciate the advice, have shared it with our HC. May be in touch about an umpire some time down the line. I know a few local umpires, but I'm not sure on their interest. It's so far down the line that I haven't brought it up yet.

Comment

we just went up this past summer (HOF induction week, ftw). hired an ump up there. He was from Georgia or something but goes up to Cooperstown every year and umps 13 weeks (retired). There's a bunch of those guys around, I think. much cheaper than flying your own up.

Comment

good luck to everyone
                  Last edited by SC Bulldogs; 10-26-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

This is amusing. People are so desperate they are willing to risk putting personal information (email addresses and phone numbers) up for public consumption. The information would be safer on a bathroom wall at a bus station.

Comment

Ehh, cell numbers and addys are readily available on the net. I buy them for my business.
                      Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
                        This is amusing. People are so desperate they are willing to risk putting personal information (email addresses and phone numbers) up for public consumption. The information would be safer on a bathroom wall at a bus station.
                        I kind of agree with Jett.
                        Maybe a request to send a DM would be the better way to make contact with someone that's already here.

Comment

How do we know they're even legit? They should post their Social Security number here so we can do a credit check first.

Comment

I have an available Cooperstown ticket for sale. I also have millions I need help getting out of Nigeria. Contact me.

Comment

The thread will remain open for sharing of information on how to get into whatever tourney w/o whatever "ticket" one might need otherwise. But not as a "Let's Make A Deal" thread with a bidding war starting for the some "golden" goose prize if you will.

Thank you for your understanding,
                              mud -
                              In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X