No announcement yet.

Complete list of USAbat bats, including MSRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son used that bat for a Perfect Game Tournament that required the USABat certification. He hated the bat as well as his teammates who universally thought it was dead even by USABat standards. I was offered more than I paid for the bat and my son has never been more happy for me to sell a bat. I cannot believe that this bat failed any level of performance based testing. It really was the worst one we had on our team.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JoeG;n3478373]
      Originally posted by WailukuHeights View Post
      Making the rounds this morning... https://usabat.com/decertified-bats/

Easton Beast X 30/20 decertified.

Thanks for this - next time I update my list, it will include this info.
      Easton Ghost X 30/20 USA

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthGaBaseball View Post
        My son used that bat for a Perfect Game Tournament that required the USABat certification. He hated the bat as well as his teammates who universally thought it was dead even by USABat standards. I was offered more than I paid for the bat and my son has never been more happy for me to sell a bat. I cannot believe that this bat failed any level of performance based testing. It really was the worst one we had on our team.
        We had a kid hit a massive home run with one on Wednesday night this week, which, along with the decertification news, prompted several coaches in our league to say, "WHHAAAAAAT?"

Could it possibly be manufacturing inconsistencies? Some are dead and some aren't?

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonGuy View Post

We had a kid hit a massive home run with one on Wednesday night this week, which, along with the decertification news, prompted several coaches in our league to say, "WHHAAAAAAT?"

Could it possibly be manufacturing inconsistencies? Some are dead and some aren't?
          Maybe the 30 shaves the best.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JoeG;n3478373]
            Originally posted by WailukuHeights View Post
            Making the rounds this morning... https://usabat.com/decertified-bats/

Easton Beast X 30/20 decertified.

Thanks for this - next time I update my list, it will include this info.
            Don't you mean 'Ghost X' ?

The Beast X still seems fine...

Comment

• Originally posted by thenrich View Post

Don't you mean 'Ghost X' ?

The Beast X still seems fine...
              Yeah, my mistake, meant Ghost (as pictured). Corrected it last night.

Comment

• Just updated the "Complete USAbat list" for the first time in 2 months. Surprisingly few additions in the last few months but at least two companies were busy:

https://www.filterjoe.com/2017/09/08...e-usabat-list/

1) Mizuno is about to release a few more models that have B19 as part of the model name. I know this from the official USAbat site. This means they passed certification, but I am missing many details still such as when they will be released and what they will cost.

2) I can also see from the official USAbat site that Axe is about to release more models, both of which are 2 1/4" drop 10 (a high end composite, and the low end single-piece aluminum). Axe wanted to release these by Christmas half a year ago so the big delay suggests they had a hard time passing certification.

I am expecting these 2 1/4" Axe bats to blow away the field as the existing 2 1/4" USAbat models are truly terrible for the most part. The Easton Hyperlite is basically the only 2 1/4" model that is not grossly overweight and that I'm seeing players have some success with, and that retails for $150. I hope the Axe Origins (one-piece aluminum) is priced at 99.99 to give families with young players a way to get a half decent drop 10 bat for $100.

That's it. I did not update for 2 months and just two companies added to their USAbat lines during that time. According to a recent NY Times article, there were shortages this first season of many USAbat models, especially 2 1/4" models:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/s...e=sectionfront

Comment

• Meant to add these pics earlier... we broke a Mizuno Ghost. Oddly, the inside is filled with foam.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X