Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WailukuHeights
    replied
    Meant to add these pics earlier... we broke a Mizuno Ghost. Oddly, the inside is filled with foam.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied
    Just updated the "Complete USAbat list" for the first time in 2 months. Surprisingly few additions in the last few months but at least two companies were busy:

https://www.filterjoe.com/2017/09/08...e-usabat-list/

1) Mizuno is about to release a few more models that have B19 as part of the model name. I know this from the official USAbat site. This means they passed certification, but I am missing many details still such as when they will be released and what they will cost.

2) I can also see from the official USAbat site that Axe is about to release more models, both of which are 2 1/4" drop 10 (a high end composite, and the low end single-piece aluminum). Axe wanted to release these by Christmas half a year ago so the big delay suggests they had a hard time passing certification.

I am expecting these 2 1/4" Axe bats to blow away the field as the existing 2 1/4" USAbat models are truly terrible for the most part. The Easton Hyperlite is basically the only 2 1/4" model that is not grossly overweight and that I'm seeing players have some success with, and that retails for $150. I hope the Axe Origins (one-piece aluminum) is priced at 99.99 to give families with young players a way to get a half decent drop 10 bat for $100.

That's it. I did not update for 2 months and just two companies added to their USAbat lines during that time. According to a recent NY Times article, there were shortages this first season of many USAbat models, especially 2 1/4" models:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/s...e=sectionfront

Leave a comment:

• WailukuHeights
    replied
    Originally posted by thenrich View Post

Don't you mean 'Ghost X' ?

The Beast X still seems fine...
    Yeah, my mistake, meant Ghost (as pictured). Corrected it last night.

Leave a comment:

• thenrich
    replied
    [QUOTE=JoeG;n3478373]
    Originally posted by WailukuHeights View Post
    Making the rounds this morning... https://usabat.com/decertified-bats/

Easton Beast X 30/20 decertified.

Thanks for this - next time I update my list, it will include this info.
    Don't you mean 'Ghost X' ?

The Beast X still seems fine...

Leave a comment:

• mattun
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonGuy View Post

We had a kid hit a massive home run with one on Wednesday night this week, which, along with the decertification news, prompted several coaches in our league to say, "WHHAAAAAAT?"

Could it possibly be manufacturing inconsistencies? Some are dead and some aren't?
    Maybe the 30 shaves the best.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by SouthGaBaseball View Post
    My son used that bat for a Perfect Game Tournament that required the USABat certification. He hated the bat as well as his teammates who universally thought it was dead even by USABat standards. I was offered more than I paid for the bat and my son has never been more happy for me to sell a bat. I cannot believe that this bat failed any level of performance based testing. It really was the worst one we had on our team.
    We had a kid hit a massive home run with one on Wednesday night this week, which, along with the decertification news, prompted several coaches in our league to say, "WHHAAAAAAT?"

Could it possibly be manufacturing inconsistencies? Some are dead and some aren't?

Leave a comment:

• High Cheez
    replied
    [QUOTE=JoeG;n3478373]
    Originally posted by WailukuHeights View Post

Easton Ghost X 30/20 USA

Leave a comment:

• SouthGaBaseball
    replied
    My son used that bat for a Perfect Game Tournament that required the USABat certification. He hated the bat as well as his teammates who universally thought it was dead even by USABat standards. I was offered more than I paid for the bat and my son has never been more happy for me to sell a bat. I cannot believe that this bat failed any level of performance based testing. It really was the worst one we had on our team.

Leave a comment:

• WailukuHeights
    replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonGuy View Post
    Came to see this thread about the Easton news and figured I'd drop in that we found a dent in my 9U's 29/18 5150 last night.
    We have a ton of 5150s up and down in our organization. Haven't checked them.

We've broken a bunch of bats now:
    Mizuno Ghost - hairline crack running completely circular near the cap, 1" x 1" "flake" chipped off near the end cap as well.
    Easton Beast X - hairline crack in the composite handle.
    Dirty South Made - knobs falling off (2x), barrel crack (1x)

It's a frustrating year for sure.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGuy
    replied
    Came to see this thread about the Easton news and figured I'd drop in that we found a dent in my 9U's 29/18 5150 last night.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied
    [QUOTE=WailukuHeights;n3478358]Making the rounds this morning... https://usabat.com/decertified-bats/

Leave a comment:

• WailukuHeights
    replied

Easton Ghost X 30/20 decertified.

The Easton Ghost X 30/20 YBB18GX10 and LL18GHX 30/20 2 5/8” has been decertified by USA Baseball and is no longer an approved bat under the USABat Standard. This applies to the 30” (-10) length of the Ghost X YBB18GX10 and LL18GHX. All other certified lengths and drops of the Easton Ghost X USABat remain approved for play. A full list of approved bats can be found at https://USABat.com

Customer Information: Any questions regarding returns, refunds or warranty claims for the Easton Ghost X 30/20 should be directed to Easton via email at [email protected] or at 1-844-531-7079. Any questions regarding this decertification may be directed to USA Baseball at [email protected].
    Last edited by WailukuHeights; 05-03-2018, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuicideSqueeze
    replied
    Looking at JustBats reviews this seems common.

And 'store credit' seems to be the norm rather than a true refund.

I think I'll stay away from Rawlings bats for the time being

Leave a comment:

• Pwrecker289
    replied
    Originally posted by mattun View Post

Why is Rawlings not honoring the warranty? If anything, you should get a return that doesn't count against it since they only lasted five games.
    I didn't ask further (it was another coach). Trust me, if it was me, I'd have my money back or subject them to small claims court. They are using the De Marini composite USA bat now.

Leave a comment:

• mattun
    replied
    Originally posted by Pwrecker289 View Post
    One of the other Major division teams in our Little League has broken 2 Quatro's in only a span of 5 games. Rawlings is not honoring any warranty, etc. The two Ghost X bats on our team are holding out fine. In fact, another team's player has the leagues only 3 HRs with a 31" Ghost X.
    Why is Rawlings not honoring the warranty? If anything, you should get a return that doesn't count against it since they only lasted five games.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X