No announcement yet.

Swing analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your son's swing looks a lot like mine son's did at about 13 and 14. The single cue that has helped him the most is what SongTitle said - flexing the rear leg. It benefits everything up stream. In my son's case he is very tall so I think that lowering his center of gravity allows him to better get behind the ball, as opposed to swinging "down and to" the ball.

Comment

Perfect is the enemy of good.
      Skip

Comment

Originally posted by skipper5 View Post
        Perfect is the enemy of good.
        I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me that when he was looking at my x-rays after he put my foot back together...it's always stuck with me.
        Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post

I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me that when he was looking at my x-rays after he put my foot back together...it's always stuck with me.
          Just be glad it wasn't a heart surgeon ; )

Comment

Originally posted by KylesDad View Post
            Your son's swing looks a lot like mine son's did at about 13 and 14. The single cue that has helped him the most is what SongTitle said - flexing the rear leg. It benefits everything up stream. In my son's case he is very tall so I think that lowering his center of gravity allows him to better get behind the ball, as opposed to swinging "down and to" the ball.
            Flex the rear leg at what point? Stance? Load? Swing?
            Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
              Don't "stretch the rubberband" but "wind the spring" instead.

Or IOWs..."separate" the two halves rotationally (turning the top against the bottom), and not linearly (hands away from the front foot...or straight back before the stride).
              He was pulling his hands back behind him in the load, so the coach told him to keep it at the back shoulder or load back towards the umpire. Basically took away his version of scap load away, for better or worse.
              Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by pthawaii View Post

He was pulling his hands back behind him in the load, so the coach told him to keep it at the back shoulder or load back towards the umpire. Basically took away his version of scap load away, for better or worse.
                The scap doesn't 'load' in MLB swings, it snaps at the moment the coil goes from in to out. IOW, it's a result.

See Posey GIF in 'Post#1'
                efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

''The action of the scap, as well as the action of the hip and lower back....is to PULL BACK so as to LOAD THE LEG.....not the scap. THAT is what all high level hitters do.''

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X