Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdbass
    replied
    ''The action of the scap, as well as the action of the hip and lower back....is to PULL BACK so as to LOAD THE LEG.....not the scap. THAT is what all high level hitters do.''

Leave a comment:

• songtitle
    replied
    Originally posted by pthawaii View Post

He was pulling his hands back behind him in the load, so the coach told him to keep it at the back shoulder or load back towards the umpire. Basically took away his version of scap load away, for better or worse.
    The scap doesn't 'load' in MLB swings, it snaps at the moment the coil goes from in to out. IOW, it's a result.

See Posey GIF in 'Post#1'

Leave a comment:

• pthawaii
    replied
    Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
    Don't "stretch the rubberband" but "wind the spring" instead.

Or IOWs..."separate" the two halves rotationally (turning the top against the bottom), and not linearly (hands away from the front foot...or straight back before the stride).
    He was pulling his hands back behind him in the load, so the coach told him to keep it at the back shoulder or load back towards the umpire. Basically took away his version of scap load away, for better or worse.

Leave a comment:

• pthawaii
    replied
    Originally posted by KylesDad View Post
    Your son's swing looks a lot like mine son's did at about 13 and 14. The single cue that has helped him the most is what SongTitle said - flexing the rear leg. It benefits everything up stream. In my son's case he is very tall so I think that lowering his center of gravity allows him to better get behind the ball, as opposed to swinging "down and to" the ball.
    Flex the rear leg at what point? Stance? Load? Swing?

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Originally posted by 2022dad View Post

I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me that when he was looking at my x-rays after he put my foot back together...it's always stuck with me.
    Just be glad it wasn't a heart surgeon ; )

Leave a comment:

• 2022dad
    replied
    Originally posted by skipper5 View Post
    Perfect is the enemy of good.
    I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me that when he was looking at my x-rays after he put my foot back together...it's always stuck with me.

Leave a comment:

• skipper5
    replied
    Perfect is the enemy of good.

Leave a comment:

• KylesDad
    replied
    Your son's swing looks a lot like mine son's did at about 13 and 14. The single cue that has helped him the most is what SongTitle said - flexing the rear leg. It benefits everything up stream. In my son's case he is very tall so I think that lowering his center of gravity allows him to better get behind the ball, as opposed to swinging "down and to" the ball.

Leave a comment:

• fly996
    replied
    Instead of starting with his front foot open, he might get a better load if he started with both feet parallel. This could help with his hip load and sequencing....might be worth testing...

Leave a comment:

• rdbass
    replied
    Your son stretch is the yellow line...I like it to be the red line...

''separate" the two halves rotationally (turning the top against the bottom''

Leave a comment:

• mudvnine
    replied
    Originally posted by pthawaii View Post
    I agree with all the input. I just noticed he has incorporated something the coaches told him. Before he would stride and bring the bat back towards the catcher, he was stretching the rubberband. But I think the coaches didnt lior the arm bar. I dont like this because I'd rather see the rubberband stretched l, this looks too much all back all forward.
    Don't "stretch the rubberband" but "wind the spring" instead.

Or IOWs..."separate" the two halves rotationally (turning the top against the bottom), and not linearly (hands away from the front foot...or straight back before the stride).

Leave a comment:

• pthawaii
    replied
    Originally posted by flyingmachine3 View Post
    Thoughts of less time in the cage, more time in the weight room and chow line now that it's offseason?
    That would be my wish, but that's not it's done with his program. It's taken much of my energy to just get him to not throw in the pen. He weightlifts with me but hes in the cages after school everyday. BP, throwing BP, grounders, etc.

Leave a comment:

• pthawaii
    replied
    I agree with all the input. I just noticed he has incorporated something the coaches told him. Before he would stride and bring the bat back towards the catcher, he was stretching the rubberband. But I think the coaches didnt lior the arm bar. I dont like this because I'd rather see the rubberband stretched l, this looks too much all back all forward.

Sooo..to recap and keep it simple, coil over rear hip with stride, better turning the barrel , fire the back hip, mix in lighter bat work (hes only doing heavy wood bat which I just found out about, but honestly I would have thought it would force him to use his bottom half more, vs less).

Leave a comment:

• rdbass
    replied
    Have a look at McCutchen. Uses the same open stance style as your son.

Last edited by rdbass; 05-08-2018, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rdbass
    replied

Your son is out of sequence. Her starts off pre-coiled. He sways into his rear leg but, never coils around his rear hip. Looks like the front leg/side is 'in charge.'.
    Last edited by rdbass; 05-09-2018, 03:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X