Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember which Easton Redline or C-Core bats were the most desirable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember which Easton Redline or C-Core bats were the most desirable?

My son is going to Cooperstown next summer and has been asking about the old Easton bats that we say used to be hot. I remember the Black Magic, Redline and C-Core bats but don't remember which ones were preferred. Has anyone ever had the chance to be able to compare them to the current XL1, Zen or CF8 models to see which one is hotter?

If nothing else, this should at least make for a fun home run derby bat for Sunday afternoons.

Wasn't the Omen one of the hotter ones?

Comment

don't know about hottest, but the stealth was ridic when I tried it last year. my son went to cdp so our coach busted out a 32/29 stealth and we (adults) screwed around in the cage with it. we were giggling and dancing like little girls with each swing bc the ball just exploded off of it

Comment

My son's friend just got back from Cooperstown last week. I was talking to his dad and I guess there was a situation where coach asked the umpires to inspect other team's bat. It was deemed illegal and all heck broke loose. I don't know all the details, but sounds like police had to arrive and the team was banned and asked to leave tournament early.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingmachine3 View Post
          My son's friend just got back from Cooperstown last week. I was talking to his dad and I guess there was a situation where coach asked the umpires to inspect other team's bat. It was deemed illegal and all heck broke loose. I don't know all the details, but sounds like police had to arrive and the team was banned and asked to leave tournament early.
          Well played

Comment

I played in the days before BESR and BBCOR. I used a 34-29 Easton Reflex C-Core. The next season, the Scandium C-Cores were all the rage, but I always preferred the Reflex--I could swear that its sweet spot was the entire length of the bat. I was a contact hitter and I could do something with just about any pitch with that bat.

The hottest bat I remember was a Louisville...I can't remember the model, but with any significant launch angle, anything had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingmachine3 View Post
              Do you know if it was at Dreams Park or All-Star Village? Dreams Park is where there are no bat rules (other than no wood) and All-Star basically follows USSSA requirements from what I know.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X