Son Made the HS Team (Thanks BBF)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son Made the HS Team (Thanks BBF)

Just wanted to mention that my son has made his high school team and I want to thank all the contributors here who have helped me help him along the way! (The coaches of his travel ball team have been a tremendous help as well).
    Roster for the HSV was about 23 last season; JV roster size was 12 or 13. I'm not sure when rosters will be set or when workouts begin, but I think he is ready for the challenges that are coming.

How does a player make the team in July? Our high school tryouts are the first week of March.

Comment

Congratulations my friend! I know he has worked hard. Just keep it up, keep grinding, good things will happen for him.
      Ty Cobb-"Every great batter works on the theory that the pitcher is more afraid of him than he is of the pitcher."

Comment

Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
        How does a player make the team in July? Our high school tryouts are the first week of March.
        Sorry - I'm just late to report the news! Tryouts were the first week of June.

Comment

Originally posted by chief2791 View Post
          Congratulations my friend! I know he has worked hard. Just keep it up, keep grinding, good things will happen for him.
          Thanks, Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlanza View Post
            Just wanted to mention that my son has made his high school team and I want to thank all the contributors here who have helped me help him along the way! (The coaches of his travel ball team have been a tremendous help as well).
            Roster for the HSV was about 23 last season; JV roster size was 12 or 13. I'm not sure when rosters will be set or when workouts begin, but I think he is ready for the challenges that are coming.
            congrats! that's a great feeling keeping the dream alive!

Comment

Congratulations!
              I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

NICE!!!!! Congrats to you and your Son!

Comment

Sorry - I'm just late to report the news! Tryouts were the first week of June.
                  is this Iowa where they play high school ball in the summer?

Comment

That's outstanding...and a big "CONGRATS" to you both.

I know the two of you have spent a lot of time, and effort in preparation for just type of thing, and all of the hard work (and I'm sure frustration at times) has paid off...well done, well done.

But now the real work has just begun to secure a starting position on the field, and finding a spot in the batting order.

Keep working, and keep pressing, it only gets better, and more fun the future you go...and just that much more difficult as well. But I know you're both up to the task.

Good luck, and continued success,
                    mud -
                    In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

A big congrats. Love to hear good news about our BF forum family.
                      Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

Thanks Bolts, bluedawg, PT, Coach and Mud.
                        Mud - I’ve told my son along the way that baseball would become more like work as he get older, but as long as he had a love for the game, it might not seem TOO much like work.

Jett - Though I did live in Iowa for a short time a long time ago,
                        we live in the South. This high school has tryouts as the school year ends in late May/early June in preparation for the next season.

Comment

Mud - I’ve told my son along the way that baseball would become more like work as he get older, but as long as he had a love for the game, it might not seem TOO much like work.

we live in the South. This high school has tryouts as the school year ends in late May/early June in preparation for the next season.
                          Is the player making the fall ball team or the spring team? If it’s the spring team what happens to the kid who blossoms into a real ball player between June and February? Or the player who slacks off from June through February after making the team?

Comment

First, congratulations! I was confused as well since we don't have tryouts until our state association allows tryouts in the spring. For me, this doesn't make sense. You have all types of variables at play. Move in, move outs, kids grow, kids get better with play over the summer, ... I could go on and on. Is your son now playing on a summer team coached by the HS staff? Is the HS team practicing? I would hate to be a move in and realize I missed tryouts.
                            Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post

First, congratulations! I was confused as well since we don't have tryouts until our state association allows tryouts in the spring. For me, this doesn't make sense. You have all types of variables at play. Move in, move outs, kids grow, kids get better with play over the summer, ... I could go on and on. Is your son now playing on a summer team coached by the HS staff? Is the HS team practicing? I would hate to be a move in and realize I missed tryouts.
                              My son's 14u travel team just finished its last tournament of the season on July 12th. It is my understanding that the school players who aren't playing on a travel team played a random schedule together during the month of June to get some reps.

Students have to earn the score to enter this high school (it's a magnet school). Since this is my first exposure to baseball at this school, I'm not sure how the coaches handle the variables you mentioned.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X