X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new2thesport
    replied
    When we played vs Waipahu, I sat next to 4 scouts looking at a stud (forgot his name) who played for Waipahu. He was an all star football player as well. One of the scouts said that he wasnt going to college because of his grades. These scouts were from pro teams.
    I saw Kodi Medieros (Waiakea) his senior year. No less than 12 scouts at that game.
    The Stanley Costales tournament in Hilo has many college and pro scouts in the audience. Even the State championships have alot of them.
    Maui holds a tournament prior to the season at Iron Maehara Stadium. Big name schools ( D1 and D2) I am sure they have scouts there.

Parents and coaches in this forum did say that colleges hold camps and that if you wanted to go to that school, it would be a good idea to attend those as the coaches see you directly.

Leave a comment:

• mys
    replied
    you're in a different boat than the majority of the board. up here on the continent, it often seems like HS performance is less important and mainly serves to confirm, to recruiters, what they saw at the showcase/travel events. In Hawaii, with fewer opportunities for "travel" as we know it, I think HS performance is most important. that's what gets you an invitation to participate on one of the handful of teams that come across the pacific to events like PG, Phil Singer, Arizona Fall Classic, etc.

get to know people in the Hawaii baseball world. just knowing your son won't get him on a team but, if and when he does perform, he'll be on their radar already. He already plays for a big name school. DM's word is well respected. work hard for him and ball out in games. You don't have to make a name for yourself as a rising freshman but it doesn't help to start with a positive reputation (work ethic, attitude, etc) and build from there.

Leave a comment:

• pthawaii
    started a topic How to get recruited by a college baseball program

How to get recruited by a college baseball program

After gaining the strength, speed, and skills to actually play college ball, what do you feel are the key steps to getting recruited by a college baseball program? What's a must have and what's a nice to have? What tournaments and camps are must or nice to do?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X