2022 Cage Swing Clip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Cage Swing Clip

I did not take the video. It was relayed to me. Not the greatest quality.
    He's been working on some things on his own.
    Many have noted some issues for him in the past. How does he look now?
    (He's class of 2022.) Wood bat being used here. (He likes to use wood in BP.)
    Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

This is an "rdbass" gif that I think might be of some assistance...

...take a look at their respective barrel paths (similar), and their lead arms (dissimilar).

Can you see the difference? Do you have any thoughts on how your son could in essence "turn the barrel" (as he's doing a pretty decent job of doing in the clip), but with a different lead arm in doing so?

With that small tweak, I think he'll find he'll be quicker in TTB, and thus able to wait a little longer on the ball, and thus have more adjustability for the different pitches he'll be seeing as he moves up in levels.

Hint: From another "rdbass" gif....

...psst, look at the top hand, and arm. =)

In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Thanks Mud. I think I see what you are talking about. And, to be candid, his front arm these days (and in the recent past) don't look like something that I would recommend. That said, I think it's intentional on his part and I know his hitting coach sees him hitting all the time. And, I would like to think it would be something that he would address. But, none of that is happening, to my knowledge. I think it may come down to him working with someone else down the line and them addressing it with him. I have tried to bring it up with the boy and he's not buying what I am trying to sell. Hey, it's his swing...right?
      Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Seem alike an (overly) long swing...can't see how that would keep up with any real velo....rather that shift/load backward he wants to extend his hands backward (too far). I would want to have his hands closer to his rear shoulder...he'd be quicker and shorter to the ball...

Also...think about your hand position when throwing a punch vs a slap...which does more damage?

Comment

FWIW, I've seen him handle 82 off the machine with no problems and he's 14.

Comment

Comment

Hand position should be more like Bregman....

Comment

If my PM feature worked, which it hasn't for over a year, I would share my observations about this swing with the OP.
                Skip

Comment

He looks odd and stiff armed getting to locked and loaded. But it doesn’t matter how a hitter gets there as long as he gets there in time. His swing looks a bit long. How does he handle the inside fastball? Does he turn on it or get sawed off. What’s with the way he rotates his front foot in the middle of his stride?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
                    FWIW, I've seen him handle 82 off the machine with no problems and he's 14.
                    I've said this before to you I think, if you just want to post your kids swing with no critique that is fine. It is good to be proud of your children. However say that in your original post instead of asking how he looks...

Hitting 82 when you know it is going to be 82 isn't that hard, 14 or not...read what Mud said again.
                    Last edited by pattar; 09-11-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

One hitter is swinging down then up through the ball. Other hitter is just swinging up. Maybe other posters would like to 'learn'. Again JMHO.

Comment

First, I want to say thanks. I do appreciate the insight and feedback and it's welcomed. Again, this is for me - not him. He's not really going to listen to me and this is not a situation where I can take feedback from here, share it with him, and then he's going to run and make changes. He has a coach. The guy has an idea and he has my son's buy in. (LOL...maybe I should get the coach to start posting here!) Anyway, back to point, this is all for my education. And, again, thank you.

Comment

Game swing hot off the presses
                          https://youtu.be/b_F4yNHYpzo
                          yeah, bad camera work by me.

And, don't worry. He played 1B and didn't throw
                          he was just dying to get some game swings
                          he had not played a game in 2 months

Comment

I would not have let him play a position. Why not just DH or pinch hit? If he cannot DH or pinch hit probably should not be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
                              Game swing hot off the presses
                              He will mash in high school.

Skip

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X