Clear All

• The five best states at producing pro baseball talent:

Florida
    California
    Georgia
    Mississippi
    Arizona

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...yers-come-from
    I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Was good to see that it was based off of % of population, even better to see Hawaii was in the top 10! Ahead of Texas?! As expected, warm weather states top the list.

Would be interesting to see a football one too, I'd assume you'd see the same top 3, with Texas being mixed in there. Wonder if Hawaii would still be top 10? We put out a lot of linemen and line backers, but not too many offensive skill guys aside from Mariota.

Comment

2013 - Where do MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL players come from in total, per capita and all time?

https://www.businessinsider.com/25-m...e-from-2013-10

Comment

I saw that report in the hardcopy of BBA. It's a flawed method using total population. That has women, babies and the elderly as part of your base for the comparison. It would probably make more sense to use the number of HS baseball players over a certain time period, or something like that, as the base for the ratio.
        Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Poor Vermont. They need free baseball.
          efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
            2013 - Where do MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL players come from in total, per capita and all time?

https://www.businessinsider.com/25-m...e-from-2013-10
            I'm guessing Hawaii is near the bottom for nhl (and nba)

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
              I saw that report in the hardcopy of BBA. It's a flawed method using total population. That has women, babies and the elderly as part of your base for the comparison. It would probably make more sense to use the number of HS baseball players over a certain time period, or something like that, as the base for the ratio.
              Yeah but you can probably assume that the percentage of young boys is pretty similar so the total population might be proportional to HS players, isn't it?
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post

Yeah but you can probably assume that the percentage of young boys is pretty similar so the total population might be proportional to HS players, isn't it?
                You'd expect schools with higher numbers of MLB players to have more HS playing baseball players. For sure, there are more HS playing hockey players in Minnesota (the highest NHL per capita) than most states.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X