Baseball/Softball Business Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball/Softball Business Names

I’m in Southern Illinois, our area code is 618 not sure if it’s worth incorporating

1. Lumber Yard

2. Wheelhouse Academy

3. Down South or South Side Academy

4. Lower Half hitting

5. Hitting Lab

6. Green Light Hitting

7. Hitting Vault (not my favorite)

8. Hitting Vault

Last edited by Zspie3; 10-01-2018, 11:45 PM.

What do you mean by baseball/softball company? What will your business be?

Comment

I meant to put Academy!

I give private lessons to kids to kids ranging from 4-25

Comment

Are you going to have teams? If so, what ages? As far as incorporating talk to a lawyer about liability.

Comment

Teams will rent my building during weekends but private lessons are no more than 2 kids per 1 instructor

just need names!

Comment

What about "Super Elite Xtreme Select Ultra Prime Hitting?" Parents will be willing to pay extra just to be part of that name.

And, yes, I am joking.
            Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Cage bombers
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

i dig Green Light, Green Light Academy or Green Light Baseball Academy.

could do some cool logos with that.

Comment

Right now
                  1. Green Light
                  2. The Lab or Hitting Lab
                  3. Lumber Yard

not sure what type of logo would look good for green light

Comment

Also, is Green Light mainstream enough that most people would understand without an explanation..you know?

Comment

Batting cage hero...

Comment

Originally posted by Zspie3 View Post
                        Also, is Green Light mainstream enough that most people would understand without an explanation..you know?
                        You’re going to make a majority of your money off parents of young players who don’t understand you can’t purchase talent. They will believe if they spend more money their kid will become a ball player. These ignorant, uninformed parents won’t understand Green Light. Keep it simple.

A few built connections and your reputation will do more for you than your company name. A lot of kids from our LL went to this mediocre instructor because he had been a A level and Indy player and then Indy manager. He gave the kids of the president of the LL a bunch of free lessons. His kids (who stunk) got a little better. The president allowed the instructor to advertise free at our LL. The president referred ignorant, uninformed parents to the place.
                        Last edited by JettSixty; 10-02-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Jett's open contempt for baseball parents is pretty entertaining.

Green Light has a ubiquitous meaning that is understood outside of baseball. I am sure that even baseball parents will be able to grasp the baseball application.

Comment

The batters box

The Dugout

Line Drive Sports

5 tool baseball

Hardball Academy

Bluechips Baseball

All names in my area except for the first one I made that up because I am awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
                              Jett's open contempt for baseball parents is pretty entertaining.

Green Light has a ubiquitous meaning that is understood outside of baseball. I am sure that even baseball parents will be able to grasp the baseball application.
                              It’s not contempt. It’s reality based amusement. I’ve been through the journey from kiddie ball to college ball with two kids. I even saw delusion with parents of committed D1 kids. Some kept sending their kids to showcases. I asked why. Pro scouts. I asked if their son would sign instead of going to college. They said if he’s offered at least 500k. I asked if they had ever seen pro scouts at his high school games. They said pro scouts don’t go to high school game. I said they do if a MLB organization is going to spend 500k to 1M+ to sign him in June. I suggested they go to X and Y’s games and see how many scouts are there with radar guns and stop watches. X went in the first round. Y went in the third round but signed for first round money. He was threatening to go to college if not offered 1.5M He “settled” for 1.3M at 11:55pm on the signing deadline date.

But the big money for academies is the untalented preteen kids with fathers with more money than sense. Just keep telling the kid is getting better. He will keep digging into his wallet. My favorite line I heard was an instructor telling a dad ... “With a lot of hard work there’s no telling how far your kid will go.”

The instructor wasn’t lying. There was no telling how far the kid would go. But dad kept digging into his wallet. The instructor kept smiling in front of him and laughing behind him. Dad just didn’t understand you can’t purchase talent.

The dad of one of my son’s 17u teammates purchased an academy. The previous owner wanted to be a purist. He only wanted to teach talented 14u to 17u players. He went broke. The dad who purchased the academy has made it successful. He said you have to suck every last dollar out of the 8u to 14u parents. He sells he has connections to the 16u and 17u top programs. He will promote the talented 14u players. He does. They rent space.
                              Last edited by JettSixty; 10-02-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X