Will probably be out for some time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will probably be out for some time

I was diagnosed with cancer last week.they are not quite sure yet but it is likely testicular cancer. Problem is biopsy wasn't quite conclusive and they need to do more tests.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

So sorry to hear this, Dom. Sending good thoughts your way.

Comment

Stay strong Dom! Sending prayers your way!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope you get better.

Are you saying that you might have to cut back on posting (and tweeting)? I appreciate your posts - intelligent, thoughtful, questioning, but not arrogant or combative...

Comment

Sorry to hear that prayers sent.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Thank you for all of your knowledge. My family will pray for you.

Comment

sorry to hear. stay strong, Dom.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. It certainly rocks your world and puts things in perspective.

I was diagnosed with throat cancer caused by the HPV virus last year... two surgeries, but they got it all and I'm clean.

Then about a month ago my dermatologist found a melanoma on my love handle. It took a trip to the OR to get all of that.

Praying for you, Dom.

Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. Come back and keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, prayers your way

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this. Stay strong... God Bless!
                      I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

Originally posted by bbrages View Post
                        Sorry to hear that, hope you get better
                        Are you saying that you might have to cut back on posting (and tweeting)? I appreciate your posts - intelligent, thoughtful, questioning, but not arrogant or combative...
                        ^^^ This exactly! ^^^

Dom, I too am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but at the same time confident that you will take this head on, and come out on top as you have in taking up this crazy baseball coaching, even though it's such a less played sport in your country. You've been a long time, and valued member here at BBF, and I too appreciate the cool, calm, collected, and well worded posts (even though we know English is your second language it's near impossible to know that by how well you write) that always make us think, ponder, enjoy, and often learn from.

So as you start on this brief detour on the road of life, please know that you have a whole other internet family here thinking of you, praying for your speedy recovery, and here to support you in any way(s) that we can. We look forward to your continued posting here when you feel the urge...even just to update us on how you're doing....to hopefully talk some more baseball, and get your mind off of whatever it is that's concerning you that day.

All the best Dom, thoughts, and prayers your way,
                        Dave (aka. mud)
                        In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Thank you guys. If it proves to be testicular cancer the cure rate would be pretty good but it has to be confirmed first.
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Lots of posts in this thread reflect my feelings and in particular Mud's. Dom, I wish you the best as you fight through this. Thoughts and prayers sent.

Comment

This is where baseball provides life lessons. The more mentally tough you are handling the situation the faster you will recover. Good luck.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X