Select 30, how are the kids selected?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select 30, how are the kids selected?

My son is guest playing for a team in a select 30 Super NIT tournament. He played 2b for them entire time, batting 3 for 4 so far, first game 2 for 2, including a two out hit with 2 rbi to tie the game at 2:2. Second bat with man on 1 and 2 with no out, he bunted with everyone advanced and he got on 1st, and he scored for that inning. For defense he made all his plays, no errors, even some team parents told me he should play their SS. Today I saw coaches were handing out the S30 golden tickets, he didn't get one. Is it they only reward the pitchers? Not that I care, but he worked really hard and performed well in the tournament I really think he deserves a ticket. Anyone familiar with the selection process? Thanks.

At our USSSA complex, the Utrip rep simply asked the coaches who are their best players. Perhaps your son was overlooked because of being a guest.
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

I believe at some of the tournaments the coaches are asked before the tournament the coaches are asked who their top players are and those players are put on the “watch list” for the evaluators to look at. My guess is that if you are not on the watch list then something really special needs to happen to catch the eye of the evaluator.

Comment

Thanks! That make sense. Nobody even know him before the game. But he proved himself in the games.

Comment

Why is your kid playing baseball in the end of November?

Comment

We are in florida. And he is not pitching much, so it's ok. WIll take december off.

Comment

At ours, they seemed to just wander around watch ten minutes, and hand out a couple tickets. I remember how ridiculous it was seeing arguably the worst team we saw all year post on facebook about how proud they were that they had three players given the invites. I really think it's a total money grab.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X