Rick Strickland saint louis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Strickland saint louis

Does anyone have any experience and/or thoughts on Rick Strickland in StL? Does he teach the high level swing and other skills. From his website he has had a lot of players drafted and signed to college. I am looking in the stl area for a camp in the future or someone to help with skills etc...

Rick is a good baseball man. I do not know exactly what he coaches. Long ago, I had a young man play for him when Rick was first getting started here in St. Louis. He seemed to really like Rick. That is about all I know. Sorry I could not be of further help.
    Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

I don’t know anything about the person in this thread. I have a warning about a comment made. When you look for an instructor get word of mouth referrals. Academies and instructors will place anyone with a reputation on their alumni list if they saw them once. One of my son’s friends was a Gatorade POY. He signed for first round money rather than head for a highly ranked program. He made it to AAA. One facility referred to him as an alumnus. His father rented a lane at the facility one time to work with him when he was twelve.

An academy recruiting my son for 17u had the Upton brothers and two former Vanderbilt players among other recognizable names on the wall. I played with the fathers of the two Vanderbilt players. Given where they lived it seemed odd they trained at this facility. I called the fathers. They explained their son’s never trained there. They were recruited to play for the academy for the major WWBA championship tournament in Georgia (then East Cobb). The academy threw paying players under the bus for their son’s and two other big time recruits to play.
      Last edited by JettSixty; Yesterday, 08:39 AM.

Comment

My son hit with one of Rick's instructors this past off season. I think it was the best one on one instruction he has ever received. The instructor was very personable and did a great job with the a shy 14 year old.

The instruction was certainly based on the high level swing and the ground forces involved. All of the instruction starts with a physical evaluation and moves from there dealing specifically with any limitations the particular player may have.

I highly recommend Rick Strickland Baseball. If you want more info, let me know.

Comment

My son is playing with Ricks St Louis Pirates club going on his second year now. I would absolutely recommend Rick. He is also a hitting consultant for the Texas Rangers. Rick was with the Rangers for there 2019 spring training.

Comment

Ok. Cool thank you. I am trying to resist the whole travel ball thing. And am mulling over if it would actually be better for developing skills and also cheaper to go to a couple camps and some private instruction vs paying and doing the whole travel thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rexfire View Post
              Ok. Cool thank you. I am trying to resist the whole travel ball thing. And am mulling over if it would actually be better for developing skills and also cheaper to go to a couple camps and some private instruction vs paying and doing the whole travel thing.
              There are good and bad coaches in travel and rec ball. I’ve seem people who know the game well not be able to communicate it at the right level to preteens. There are MLBers who can’t even describe accurately what they do. I would look at travel more for the quality of competition if the preteen rec ball is really poor and unchallenging. Preteens don’t need a lot of paid instruction. They need more reps at the field with dad. Have him take a couple of lessons, watch and learn. Then work on what is learned with your son.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X