Need Some Advice (Videos Included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachrjb View Post

That's exactly what I mean, you just said it a lot better than I did. The struggle is BP is more of the "sit" with better control but live game hitting there is a lot less "sit" than before. So what once was working for him he now got away from, not sure the reason for it, but just trying to help him understand.

EDIT: Yeah, I know his swing so guy I can now see without video that something is off. Now I don't always know what exactly until I record it but I can see and say something is not right. Problem is the base hit results are still there, but the power and ability to drive in gaps is not.
    Talk to him about starting slightly earlier, and slower. When the pitching starts to speed up, kids have a tendency to panic a bit, thinking that they don't have the time they once did, and as a result, feel that have to move faster, and don't have the time to "sit", but rather pop up and out of their loading process in order to what they think is save time.

Starting earlier, and slower allows them to get through their loading process "on time" for the perceived less time they think they have because the ball is getting to them quicker. Jose starts talking about this at the 40 second mark of the video....

EDIT: Dang, Pattar is on his game today...I see he beat me to the "slow and early" advice...but that's what I'm seeing he needs to do as well. So now I'm off to find a speed typing class online.
    Last edited by mudvnine; 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM.
    In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
      Talk to him about starting slightly earlier, and slower. When the pitching starts to speed up, kids have a tendency to panic a bit, thinking that they don't have the time they once did, and as a result, feel that have to move faster, and don't have the time to "sit", but rather pop up and out of their loading process in order to what they think is save time.

Starting earlier, and slower allows them to get through their loading process "on time" for the perceived less time they think they have because the ball is getting to them quicker. Jose starts talking about this at the 40 second mark of the video....

EDIT: Dang, Pattar is on his game today...I see he beat me to the "slow and early" advice...but that's what I'm seeing he needs to do as well. So now I'm off to find a speed typing class online.
      Appreciate the feedback!
      Instagram: gavin_thereal34

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X