Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online store for ordering travel team gear.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online store for ordering travel team gear.

I have a friend who runs a successful travel ball organization. He mentioned having parents and players wanting to buy apparel with his logo, but he really didn't have the time to do it. He just gets his uniforms for players and that's it. I told him that most academies probably make a considerable profit from the swag that parents and kids order. I offered to help him investigate. Do any of you have any experience with online stores where they will basically handle all your sales and both of you make a profit? Does this even exist?

I can't speak on the profit part, but if he just wants to sell the team swag to parents, I've had good experience with eastbay.com. You basically give them your logo, pick out the shirts, sweatshirt, shorts, etc... you want the logo on, then they open the online store for a couple of weeks for parents to order. They order online and its shipped out a couple weeks after the store closes. The team doesn't make money on this. But you do get cool Nike, Under Armour, etc... for cheaper than if you bought a plain item at the store. We had some really nice Nike hoodies that cost $65 in the store, but only cost about $50 with our logo on it.

If he's looking to make a profit, he probably has to buy the items outright then sell at above cost. Would be a bit or money out of pocket to start, but you'd make it back after items are sold.

Comment

There are 3rd party swag providers all over the place. The name of the type of business you're looking for is "POD" or "Print on Demand". They work in the background so when customers order on your store, the order gets re-directed to the POD company and they will ship it directly to your customer with your branding.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X