Demarini Gattaca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarini Gattaca

So I got an email about a BBCOR bat designed for the specific side of the plate you swing from. Who else got that? Demarini Gattaca. Can this be real or just the typical marketing hype? I know which answer I’m leaning toward.

https://www.demarini.com/en-us/bats/...r-baseball-bat

Oh no, I'm doomed. For years I've been getting out of work because we didn't have left handed shovels and rakes. The end is near...
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

Angled for launch, heavens, they've cracked the code!!

But you know they'll have schmucks buying them up.
      Ty Cobb-"Every great batter works on the theory that the pitcher is more afraid of him than he is of the pitcher."

Comment

Originally posted by chief2791 View Post
        Angled for launch, heavens, they've cracked the code!!

But you know they'll have schmucks buying them up.
        The launch angle stuff is certainly the marketing department. I'm mostly curious about these opposing grooves, but it has to be a bunch of hype. Otherwise they spent a ton of money getting a new bat BBCOR certified in each length and it retails just $50 cheaper than the CF. This seems about as nutty as the Easton Mako Torq.
        Last edited by The Uncoach; 08-14-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

It's just a matter of time before you see the switch hitting player show up to the ball park with both versions in his bag.

Comment

Now my son wants to start switch hitting just so he can get two bats!

Comment

I'm not a believer in the bat making a big difference. I think the axe concept is interesting but even that is probably way overhyped and most other stuff is probably a gimmick.

I mean BBcor pretty much means low tech because everyone can build a bat that hot, it is basically like if a race car was limited to 100 mph, every car builder can build such a car but not everyone can build a 200 mph race car.

Bbcor bats are basically less hot than a 50 dollar bat 20 years ago so bats are no longer pushed to the physical limit like pre bbcor bats.

I mean quality bbcor bats are probably better quality material than cheap ones but even primitive materials can create as much bounce as the standard allows
              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

A fool and his money...

Comment

so are the grooves in the barrel or handle? the video makes it look like there are also grooves in the handle. Is this just for "handedness"? I'm assuming the grooves in the barrel are where the hype is at? In golf, how much difference do the grooves make on ball flight?

Comment

Originally posted by bluedawg View Post
                    so are the grooves in the barrel or handle? the video makes it look like there are also grooves in the handle. Is this just for "handedness"? I'm assuming the grooves in the barrel are where the hype is at? In golf, how much difference do the grooves make on ball flight?
                    It looks like the barrel is grooved based upon which side of the plate the bat is designed for.

Comment

I see a big scandal coming...

See PING eye 2's
                      Still love those clubs though.... Huge hubbub and rules changed in early 90's because of GROOVES

Comment

With BBCOR, there isn't a lot of things to work with as far as performance, so I'd say if they get a small improvement somehow over this, why not develop and market it? The real scam is trying to get me to buy a smartphone when my flip phone works perfectly well.

Comment

I need to get a left handed one for some of my right handed kids who wont stop popping up to second cause some guru told them they need more launch angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking0 View Post
                            With BBCOR, there isn't a lot of things to work with as far as performance, so I'd say if they get a small improvement somehow over this, why not develop and market it?
                            When HS and college were switching to BBCOR about 10 years ago, a Demarini executive commented on the challenge: How do you differentiate an undifferentiated commodity?

Pat Ryan, global business director for Wilson’s DeMarini bats in 2010:
                            “It’s a challenging piece. The box is shrinking in terms of how to differentiate your product from your competitors’ in an ever-shrinking design box. The performance metrics are getting tighter.”

http://www.baseballjournal.com/news/...ufacturers.php

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Coach T13 View Post
                              I see a big scandal coming...

See PING eye 2's
                              Still love those clubs though.... Huge hubbub and rules changed in early 90's because of GROOVES
                              still love my PE2 black dots. Bought in '92 for 200 bucks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X