Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchers - Flat Back Follow Through or Upright Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitchers - Flat Back Follow Through or Upright Finish?

I had the pleasure of watching the Twins bullpen warm-up last night. What I didn't see was the classic finish with the back flat and parallel to the ground on follow through. Dobnak's release resembled a batter's stance with his front side stiff and fighting his backside leading to a completely upright finish. I could give other examples, but is this the preferred teaching method or is it personal style?
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

I think it depends. Some have a more rotational and upright finish and some bend forward and move more linear forward.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Wally gator,

“What I didn't see was the classic finish with the back flat and parallel to the ground on follow through.”
      Recovery changes with the approach.

One by one the Dr. Marshall tenets are being learned and used!

If you know them you can follow this evolvement into more explosive movement and Velocity.

Striding shorter, Staying taller, rotating powerfully and fully is finally being used everywhere.

This tenet asks you to keep the ball above the field driveline (imaginary line that runs thru the mound from home to second) from the lengthening kinetic chain thru the shortening Kinetic chain and also the recovery Kinetic chain where you end rotated at least 175 degrees with both feet on the ground when the batter makes contact.

The “Bending over and picking up a dollar bill” que is a pathomechanic, ask Kershaw.

“Dobnak's release resembled a batter's stance with his front side stiff and fighting his backside leading to a completely upright finish.”
      This is how bipedal beings produce forwards rotational signaling and motion! All power comes from the glove side leg anchor. Not the Ball side leg as many are told. When pitchers and throwers pull against their glove side leg they replicate the walking response. It's the most powerful way to throw. Just watch a Javelin thrower.

“I could give other examples”
      This information is rapidly being deployed by those whom have practiced some of the tenets.

When all the tenets get deployed there will be no joint injuries. Velocities will continue to increase and lateral movement that is being understood better and better because Dr. Marshall taught the industry that “Axis presentation” is how to design pitches, to bad it took novice instructors instead of the affiliated clubs to push it. Pitchers will be able to compete daily. No pitch counts necesary. 3 Starters that never injure themselves.

There is one affiliate team that might get it partially by collecting arms that satisfy some of the tenets. Don't know how the Astros missed Bauer though?

“is this the preferred teaching method or is it personal style?”
      No, this is “state of the art” coming to the surface !!!!!

Most of the things you have been told and are still working on are pathomechanical !

Last edited by Dirtberry; 09-01-2019, 03:51 PM.
      Primum non nocere

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X