Axe Bat long trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe Bat long trainer

Anyone have any experience with the Axe Bat long trainer? Thinking about picking one up. Wanted to see how it was working out for anyone who has been using it.

Picked it up when it was released and my kid was using it until his throwing elbow (unrelated to the long bat) started barking. He did find the drills helpful and it was a good adjunct to OL/UL swing training. He will be going back to it in October. I would recommend it. I am a big proponent of axe handle bats in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post
      Anyone have any experience with the Axe Bat long trainer? Thinking about picking one up. Wanted to see how it was working out for anyone who has been using it.
      I have used the Axe bat/Driveline program at my private facility since they came out a couple of years ago. I hit the Axe Long Trainer as soon as it hit the market. Not for everyone else, but for me to personally work out with it. It makes sense. If I had to guess, Axe doesn't have enough people spending $600 on the 3 weighted training bats, so going with 1 long one for 1/3 the price made sense. The drills are slightly different and I like them. How old is your son?

Comment

Too expensive for me, I'm making my own weighted bats. I also made myself a rebels rack and an insider bat years ago. Could also tell you how to make a 5 dollar line drive pro trainer but not doing it publicly because I don't want to hurt a business.
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post

I have used the Axe bat/Driveline program at my private facility since they came out a couple of years ago. I hit the Axe Long Trainer as soon as it hit the market. Not for everyone else, but for me to personally work out with it. It makes sense. If I had to guess, Axe doesn't have enough people spending $600 on the 3 weighted training bats, so going with 1 long one for 1/3 the price made sense. The drills are slightly different and I like them. How old is your son?
          14. Just started his freshman year. They are using the long trainer in their baseball class. Was thinking of picking one up to use outside of that and get more time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post

14. Just started his freshman year. They are using the long trainer in their baseball class. Was thinking of picking one up to use outside of that and get more time with it.
            Alright. How often is this "baseball class"? And how many swings is he getting per class?

Comment

The Axebats are great. My son has them at his HS cage. I enjoy using them. At home, I'm not shelling out the dough for these. We ended up picking up a couple of zinger bats for OL/UL training -33"/36 oz and 33" / 24 oz. Not sure how the long bat is better than a traditional overload bat? I like the idea of the bat being a similar length to the normal bat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post

Alright. How often is this "baseball class"? And how many swings is he getting per class?
                I talked to him last night. He said they are using the Axe Bat OL/UL bats plus the long bat in their class. They are doing it 3 times a week. I didn't realize they were doing it that much. So I guess I will hold off on buying one since he is getting decent reps with it.

Instead, actually picked up a half bat from Trey Hannam to use in some drills.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X