Short bat training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short bat training

Does anyone do a lot of short bat training in their hitting routines? If so, do you use specific bat deemed as a short trainer or do you go pick up an old little league bat in the 27" or so range?

I'm doing one handed drills and occasionally a two handed drill with a regular bat choked up. Short bat wouldn't be bad either but not investing the money
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

My son used the DBat.

Comment

Found that Beaver Bats has short trainers you can customize color, size and weight and only for $39.99. Not bad at all.

Comment

I received a text today asking me about this hitting aid:

https://www.muhltech.com/product_p/bbat.htm

I've never seen one used.
          Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
            My son used the DBat.
            that's what we used. we used it for a couple of seasons, but can't really say how many swings improved because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
              I received a text today asking me about this hitting aid:

https://www.muhltech.com/product_p/bbat.htm

I've never seen one used.
              We played at the University of Houston the past two weekends and they had this tool in their practice cages. We couldn't figure out what it was for.

Comment

Interesting tool. I like the hands protection and use of an audible signal is neat, not sure of it correlative accuracy with it's short handle length. 40 oz seem a bit too weighted for such a short stick (13.5 in) imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post

We played at the University of Houston the past two weekends and they had this tool in their practice cages. We couldn't figure out what it was for.
                  It's for tracking (eyes). Batter stands in while pitcher is doing bullpen- he can swing and not make contact- device is weighted so it adds that element.
                  Major Figure

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X