No announcement yet.

Proud parent moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Colonel, congrats to your son for all of his hard work. looking forward to future updates!

Comment

I just had a funny thought about Colonel’s son’s early offer. When my son was ten he verballed to Louisville. The catch was Louisville was unaware of his commitment. I suggested he make the high school team before he starts thinking about college ball.

Comment

Colonel you're doing a fine job of sharing your pride in your son while staying modest. If you choose not to answer my question I understand why. What are his measurables?

Comment

I’m curious about his metrics as well. I didn’t ask based on his height, being invited to an elite 14u event, being left handed and his father pitched D1. The kid has to be throwing at least low 80’s with projections he will eventually grow to 6’2” or bette, hit 90 in high school and and 90+i in college.

Comment

Originally posted by workinprogress View Post
            Colonel you're doing a fine job of sharing your pride in your son while staying modest. If you choose not to answer my question I understand why. What are his measurables?
            I didn't originally post those because I don't want this to come off as a bragging thread. Really just proud of the kid. But since you guys asked I will put them down so you can see where he measures up:

At 14u PG National (8/2/19): 60 yard: 6.86s, OF Velo: 84mph 1B Velo: 82mph FB Velo: 81mph Exit velo: 83mph

His most recent top numbers from PBR and Rapsodo data collection from his baseball class: 60 yard: 6.9s, OF Velo: 87mph FB Velo: 85mph Exit Velo: 88mph

Comment

Wow. He's got a bright future. I wish him nothing but success.

Comment

Congrats to the lil Col. I am glad to see all his hard work pay off and you should be proud of how he progressed and owned the process. I am also pleased to read you are taking your time and reviewing his options. My kid is going to play on both 2022 and 2023 events next year, it would be great to run in to you.

Comment

Congrats, but what’s wrong with showing emotion and some tears around kids?

Comment

Thanks for sharing Colonel, that's awesome! Do you have any tips/advice for dads that are a few years behind you? What training or what did you do with your son to help him become so good? Thanks in advance and congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by dodgerswin View Post
                      Thanks for sharing Colonel, that's awesome! Do you have any tips/advice for dads that are a few years behind you? What training or what did you do with your son to help him become so good? Thanks in advance and congrats again!
                      It starts with a high level of potential. Then mix in a level of passion and work ethic along with time management skills for academics and a social life. Most kids can’t even begin to grasp the effort required. Then, once in college the demands get more intense because everyone was a high school star.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post

I didn't originally post those because I don't want this to come off as a bragging thread. Really just proud of the kid. But since you guys asked I will put them down so you can see where he measures up:

At 14u PG National (8/2/19): 60 yard: 6.86s, OF Velo: 84mph 1B Velo: 82mph FB Velo: 81mph Exit velo: 83mph

His most recent top numbers from PBR and Rapsodo data collection from his baseball class: 60 yard: 6.9s, OF Velo: 87mph FB Velo: 85mph Exit Velo: 88mph
                        14U those are strong numbers, congrats again!
                        Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

I know of a 14u that is currently still in 8th grade (so a 2024 grad) that has P5 offers already. He's a RHP that throws 88 mph, and hit one over the fence in a PG tournament in Jupiter. Beyond just natural talent, passion, and willing to work hard, the only other thing that I think he did is he went through a very intensive workout and weightlifting regiment with the local HS coach since he was 12u or something. He is very strong right now (core and upper body) and deceptively fast.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantanon View Post
                            I know of a 14u that is currently still in 8th grade (so a 2024 grad) that has P5 offers already. He's a RHP that throws 88 mph, and hit one over the fence in a PG tournament in Jupiter. Beyond just natural talent, passion, and willing to work hard, the only other thing that I think he did is he went through a very intensive workout and weightlifting regiment with the local HS coach since he was 12u or something. He is very strong right now (core and upper body) and deceptively fast.
                            This isn’t something that just happens because you want it to and put in the work. Kids in these situations are predisposed to it genetically. Then it’s a matter of putting in the work to develop. Even if a kid gets an early offer nothing is official until they sign an NLI senior year.

A verbal offer to a fourteen year old is a lot of projection. If the kid isn’t where the college coach believes he should be at eighteen the offer at fourteen means nothing. The kid will hear, “The program will honor our offer. But I don’t see you ever getting on the field.” What baseball player signs that NLI offer?

My son was 5’4” in 8th grade. Looking at athleticism he was the best athlete in his grade. It’s just a lot of kids we’re bigger and stronger. It would have even a waste of time and money for him to showcase. A lot changed the next year when he as 5’11” on his way to 6’2”. 17u travel teams focused on getting players to D1 recruited him at 5’11” 135 when he was playing 16u as a 14u eligible.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X