Questions re: Team USA 13U Development Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions re: Team USA 13U Development Camp

Hi all, new here. Couldn't find the answer so I figured I'd ask.

1) Is the Team USA Development Camp worth the $150? What will my son get out of it that he can't in other one-day camps?

2) Does the Development Camp in December include the NTIS tryouts in Spring 2020?

Thanks!

The coaching 101 section is a better place to ask this question. My personal opinion is anything that’s only $150 is worth the experience unless it has a bad reputation.

There are very few kids (maybe a handful in the entire country) you can project as pro and D1 prospects at 13u. Puberty (14u/15u) is an incredible field leveler. The big thing about elite camps is having something to show relative to all the talent in a large region. While my son ended up being a 6’2” major conference player he was 5’2” in 13u and 5’4” in 14u. I saw anything elite as a waste of money. The skills were there. But the size, physical development and power wasn’t yet.

A humorous situation was a 13u event he played. It wasn’t hard to tell how talented the 5’2” kid was. But he was 5’2”. The coach of a USA Today Top 25 private high school program approached me (6’1”). His first question was, “How tall is his mother?”

Comment

The development camp won't include the NTIS tryouts. You will have to register for the NTIS tryouts next year once they announce the dates and locations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X