Help on my first glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on my first glove

never had a quality glove before, it will be a Rawlings , (even though the Nokona American kip series caught my eye) but I want it to be either 11.75-12 inch glove, prefer H web, and can’t decide between a HOH H-web pro200, or right now for holidays, they have a deal on a Single post web PP 12 inch, model says PROS12 (can find any information about that model.. so Basically I’m stuck between a HOH WITH H WEB, AND PP WITH SINGLE POST WEB, and they both cost about the same. The HOH is $259 and the PP is $279. And also, if anyone has ever had that Nokona American kip series glove, could you tell me if it is soft like their other gloves, or firm like the pro preferred? Thanks guy

I'm lucky to have a local shop that carries Nokona. Because they're Made in the USA, I've always wanted to get one, but the stock ones this shop would carry always felt heavier and softer than a same size Rawlings. Some thoughts on Rawlings - the size you want includes the Pro 200 and Pro 1000 series. 9 times out of 10, a 12 inch Rawlings will tape 11.75 and a 12.25 tapes 12 so if you come across a Pro 1000 12.25 don't worry, it's a 12. Between HOH and PP, I'll take HOH every day of the week that ends in Y. PP feels like pure luxury when you try one on in a shop, but they do not last like a HOH will. Just like the excellent PP price you found, there's a HOH on sale somewhere for around $150 - $200. Don Morton Sports is a fantastic shop that orders their own exclusives from Rawlings. Their Horween Pro 1000's are considered by many to be the best made and come in tan or black with a discount code. Let me know if you have any more questions as I love to talk gloves... and bats... baseballs...
    "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

Disagree totally on the suggestion that Pro Preferred’s don’t last like a Heart of The Hide would...this is simply not true.

Agree that the Don Morton gloves are fantastic. His Horween gloves are tanks. They take time to break in properly (do NOT steam!) but will reward you for your efforts.

There have been a couple variations of the much sought after Arenado glove of the month that are Horween leather. They are a 12” which may suit your needs. They also released Horween 12.25 version of the Kris Bryant that will last you forever if you treat it right.

Comment

The only arenado gloves ive seen were timberglaze leather, not sure if thats horsemen or not.. But I'm definitely interested in the arenado AND kris bryant models

Comment

Originally posted by Ksmith123 View Post
          The only arenado gloves ive seen were timberglaze leather, not sure if thats horsemen or not.. But I'm definitely interested in the arenado AND kris bryant models
          tbey did just re-release the Timberglaze version with purple patches and lace. There is five variations of the Arenado currently.

The Bryant has four variations.

Comment

"Disagree totally on the suggestion that Pro Preferred’s don’t last like a Heart of The Hide would...this is simply not true."

When the two PP's I had started turning white from use, I contacted Bob Clevenhagen at Rawlings to inquire about what was going on and he told me the colored PP leather was actually painted. My HOH leather will wear from use, but not to that extreme.
            "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

I played with HOH exclusively during my career. I have one now that is probably 35 years old and I use it for BP. I have another that I am breaking in. LOL (I've had it for about 7 years. LOL) I like the H web but seemed to end up with the basket web for most of my gloves. I typically played with a 12" glove so take my recommendations with a grain of salt.
              Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksmith123 View Post
                the timberglaze gloves likely will not have the longevity of a true Horween glove and they are heavy, not that Horween isn’t...

Timberglaze also break in much faster, but I found them to be a little floppy... doesn’t deter me from using them as I have four Timberglaze models.

whatever you go with, take care of it and it’ll reward you in the long run...

In regards to Pro Preferred’s being “painted” that’s the first I have heard of that...if Bob says it’s so, it must be. He’s a legend. I’ve never had a problem with them. In fact, the PP Bryant I have is probably my most versatile and most reached for glove in my collection...

Comment

Originally posted by Wally Gator View Post
                  "Disagree totally on the suggestion that Pro Preferred’s don’t last like a Heart of The Hide would...this is simply not true."

When the two PP's I had started turning white from use, I contacted Bob Clevenhagen at Rawlings to inquire about what was going on and he told me the colored PP leather was actually painted. My HOH leather will wear from use, but not to that extreme.
                  I have several PP customs. They are excellent gloves. Tanks. A very tough break in (which I prefer), and will last for years. I also have several gloves from Don Morton - HOH's - which I also think are great gloves - probably a notch below my PP's but not by much.

Anything I ever had Bob make for me was top notch.

I stick with tan or black so I have no clue about anything being painted/faded.

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X