Adidas Aeroburner Composite bbcor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas Aeroburner Composite bbcor

Why are these new 2019 Aeroburner Comps selling for so little on eBay? Yeah, I know, Adidas, right? I seem to remember that one member here recommended this model, an earlier year though. After searching and reading a few reviews, it seems to be a very good composite bat, just not popular. I might pick one up for a back up for my son. $50 - $90 brand new... nice looking too.

My son had the white one with the red graphics. We picked it up after we got back from the USA NTIS his 13 year old year. About half of the team from SoCal were using that bat. We found one for a steal so we took a chance. He really liked it but then the Meta Prime came out and he got one of those, the Aeroburner turned into a dust collector. This past weekend, we saw these on ebay for cheap. I started watching a few auctions and one of the sellers offered me a discount that was too good to pass up. So we have one on the way.
    Last edited by Colonel21; 01-02-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... Before I make an offer, maybe you can let me know how your son likes it. I'm hoping it's a light swinging bat. Adidas must have unloaded these at low prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper21 View Post
        Hmmm... Before I make an offer, maybe you can let me know how your son likes it. I'm hoping it's a light swinging bat. Adidas must have unloaded these at low prices.
        If it's anything like the white version, it's not the lightest swinging bat, but it's definitely balanced. I actually really liked the bat. He had two teammates go buy the same bat after swinging his. The on thing I did notice is that it took a bit longer to break in than his Meta Prime. I felt it took a bit of hitting before the bat finally started to "loosen" up. Some reviews of the 2017 model, which I think is the same bat as the ones they have made in 2018 and 2019, just different colors.

https://www.whatproswear.com/basebal...or-bat-review/

https://thebaseballreviews.com/adida...ll-bat-review/

Comment

Okay, thanks!

The whatproswear site shows that the swing weight is the same at the Meta, but it might be accurate. If you get a chance when you receive the bat, can you measure the distance from the end cap to the balance point on the Aero B. Comp? I can compare it to the 32" Mako we have now, which is ultra balanced. I guess it wouldn't be bad to have a slightly heavier bat as well.

I was also looking at a Victus Vandal alloy for cold weather. It's supposed to be like a CAT 8 with a comp end to make it lighter. It's pricey though. I'm not sure if composites actually break/crack in cold weather or if manufacturers just put that out there as a warning. I've never seen one break before and I've sat through many 45 - 55 degree games.

Comment

There used to be a functioning bat site that had an Easton engineer as a poster. Tough to remember everything, but I think he worked on the XL2 line. He then went to Adidas. Had a guest player use the 2016 RBZ and it reminded me of an XL1 the way he hit it. Felt like a log. He crushed it. Bought my son some from the EQ line and they were quality bats at low prices. As mentioned, son too shied away from them due to name or the loud ping. Those BBCOR prices are insane and I might be tempted to try both the comp and hybrid. Strangely some hybrid reviews mention stinging which I don't usually associate with a 2 piece. Thanks for the heads-up post.
            "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

For what its worth, my son never complained of stinging when he was using the white Aeroburner. Stinging is one of his pet peeves and one of the reason he uses a two piece comp. About the same time he got the white Aeroburner, we picked up the highlighter/black Rawlings Quatro. He actually resisted the Quatro for the longest time and refused to give up the Aeroburner.

But at $50, it's hard not to try to out the black Aeroburner. You can probably sell it locally and get your money back if you decide you don't like it.

Comment

The bat came in this morning. We got to take it out for some BP this evening. I actually dig this bat. It has a sound a little different than the white version from 2 years ago. That bat had a very muted sound. This version is a little louder. I actually thought the ball was coming off the bat really well. Even had another dad ask about the bat. This may not knock the red Meta Prime out of the bag, but it definitely is going to stick around for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post
                  The bat came in this morning. We got to take it out for some BP this evening. I actually dig this bat. It has a sound a little different than the white version from 2 years ago. That bat had a very muted sound. This version is a little louder. I actually thought the ball was coming off the bat really well. Even had another dad ask about the bat. This may not knock the red Meta Prime out of the bag, but it definitely is going to stick around for awhile.
                  Sounds good. How would you describe the swing weight of this Aero Burner? If you have a chance sometime, can you find the balance point and measure from the end cap for me? My son needs a pretty balanced bat at his weight and going up to a 32".

Comment

Don’t know if I did this correctly, but I measured 13 inches down the barrel to what I perceived to be the balance point.

Comment

Okay, thanks! Is this a 32" or 33"?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper21 View Post
                        Okay, thanks! Is this a 32" or 33"?
                        It is a 32".

Comment

It's just very lightly less balanced than the '15 Mako, which is 13 5/8" from the end cap. I'll probably grab one.

I think Adidas stopped making bats. I don't see them on their website. So, probably no warranty on these bats, but for the price, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Just purchased the composite and hybrid Aero Burners. Two BBCOR's for $95 was too tempting to pass up. I imagine they'll show up next week so I'll post impressions then. Colonel21 and Cooper21 any updates since your last posts?
                            "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wally Gator View Post
                              Just purchased the composite and hybrid Aero Burners. Two BBCOR's for $95 was too tempting to pass up. I imagine they'll show up next week so I'll post impressions then. Colonel21 and Cooper21 any updates since your last posts?
                              We haven't used it much since January. We picked up the Just Bats limited release Marucci Cat 7 in red and he had been using that and his Meta Prime.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X