Batting gloves suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batting gloves suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for batting gloves that will last a season. My son has long fingers but his hands are thinner than the cut of most men's medium gloves.
    Also, lately it seems that every glove he's tried has ripped on the finger seams and the stitching is poor and material is often twisted in the fingers. What's with the quality control of these
    overpriced gloves?

I've tried the top Franklins and Eastons lately without much success.

44 Pro Gloves also sells custom batting gloves. They're like $40. https://www.44progloves.com/
    See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Jax Batting Gloves! My son is rough on batting gloves. We used to buy him 3 or 4 pairs a season. We bought the Jax 2.0 and they made it through all of fall season/fall high school baseball and he is still on the same pair.

Comment

I just ordered a pair of Jax Batting Gloves - seems like an interesting concept in addition to the durability compared to the $10 my kid has. We'll check out the bat speed claims off a tee once we get them...

Comment

How are the Jax 2.0 gloves cut? Would they fit a thinner hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper21 View Post
            How are the Jax 2.0 gloves cut? Would they fit a thinner hand?
            My son has large thin hands and he doesn't have any issues with them. I would say his hand size is about 7 3/4" from wrist to top of his middle finger. He wears size XL in the Jax gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
              44 Pro Gloves also sells custom batting gloves. They're like $40. https://www.44progloves.com/
              Nice thanks for sharing

Comment

Franklin CFX Pro, same model the majority of pros use. My son would go through a few pairs of gloves a season, these have lasted 2 seasons plus so far.

Comment

I just received a pair of the Jax 2.0. They seem well made, but in size medium, the fingers and hand are cut rather wide like the Franklins. Not sure if they will fit my son's hands, but I think the web between the thumb and index finger will help with the top hand grip.

Comment

My daughter used Palmguard Batting Gloves. They were as tough as I could find. I looked last night at some of her years of playing. One summer she played 154 games of travelball alone. Same batting gloves.
                    Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Look for Bruce Bolts, real leather, options for wrist support. Used by pros. Invented by a player tired of ripping his gloves every couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe View Post
                        Look for Bruce Bolts, real leather, options for wrist support. Used by pros. Invented by a player tired of ripping his gloves every couple of weeks
                        They are $70!!!! Oh my lord!! I normally get a season or more out of a pair costing half as much.
                        See ball, hit ball.

Comment

I got my son a pair of these for Christmas:

https://bownet.net/products/batting-...91b4f6dd&_ss=r

I was ordering a couple of other Bownet products and just added these on a whim. He says they're the best gloves he's ever had. After 2.5 months, there is no stiffness, no holes, no ripped seams, and they haven't given him any blisters like some of his other gloves have. At this point, they probably have 2,000+ swings on them and they are holding up well. They haven't had to endure actual game situations (except for two middle school games before everything got cancelled), but I've been pretty impressed with them. And they're pretty cheap, on sale now for $19.99.
                          Last edited by jamesd1628; 03-18-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Batting gloves don't have to be anything special, just something to protect the hand(s) when swinging repeatedly. As such, we used regular old gardening gloves or work gloves when in the cages for BP, and saved the expensive (and usually poor wearing) batting gloves for the games.

Now for the older kids with larger hands, we just used the regular old work gloves....but if you have younger, smaller players, this might be an option for you.

In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X