What are you doing in lockdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10DF72BB-718E-4CC2-816C-5DEC447AD780.jpeg

built a basement batting cage. netted off half of the basement to keep the balls from going everywhere. we have a person pitcher pitching machine.

we also use it for fielding, tennis (for fun).

we use the cage for tee work, tee work with TCB and soft toss

Comment

Originally posted by T Dot View Post

built a basement batting cage. netted off half of the basement to keep the balls from going everywhere. we have a person pitcher pitching machine.

This is awesome!

Comment

Just the ole fashion tee work for my 10U. We don't have a lot of room to hit anything. Right now, he will take 50 or so swings 3 to 4 times a week. We will do some things with the medicine ball, stuff like that. He has spent more time riding his bike down the cul de sac the last 2 weeks than he did the last 2 years combined :-)
        Instagram: gavin_thereal34

Comment

My son is 12. Our daily program is :
          • Push-up, Sit-ups, and Planks.
            • We have a nightly plank-off
          • Wiffles (Sklz) and foamies (Soft-Hit) from 20-25 feet.
            • One warmup round then we play two simulated innings.
            • My swing is awful. "Dad you're not coiling!"
            • Sklz balls are great except when you go to find them
            • You can get hit pretty much anywhere with a Soft-Hit going probably 80mph from 25 feet and even then they don't hurt much at all.
          • 45 minutes of ground balls, liners, and pop-ups
            • on a really rough lawn. (Me hitting).
            • We use a tee-ball to be safer, but it makes hops worse.
            • We call it "Bad Hop Derby".
          He has been recording everything on his Go-Pro and is working on a montage of his best swings, fielding plays and strikeouts of me of course.

Comment

60B48BFC-1A14-4788-9F6F-3835E896E34A.jpeg

was able to score 100 jugs wiffle balls. i was previously throwing the rubbery tballs. the wiffle balls are much better. less sounds when bouncing off the wall and ceilings. im less tentative throwing inside.

we have tried it 3 times now, and my son has picked up seeing the ball very quickly. I change speeds, I throw inside and outside and I also throw a slight off speed curve to mix it up. it’s getting fun again!

Comment

60B48BFC-1A14-4788-9F6F-3835E896E34A.jpeg

was able to score 100 jugs wiffle balls. i was previously throwing the rubbery tballs. the wiffle balls are much better. less sounds when bouncing off the wall and ceilings. im less tentative throwing inside.

we have tried it 3 times now, and my son has picked up seeing the ball very quickly. I change speeds, I throw inside and outside and I also throw a slight off speed curve to mix it up. it’s getting fun again!
              I am most envious and will live vicariously through you. I had my basement renovated recently and my basement indoor baseball training center was permanently closed. I am sure my better half can find a way push through a divorce proceeding during this pandemic closure if I were to even bring a tee down stairs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X