Need bat recommendations to replace meta prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need bat recommendations to replace meta prime

My son had to return his meta prime. Looking to replace. He wants a slightly more end loaded and since we got a credit for the meta prime, needs to be from same company. Anyone have experience with the meta pwr or select pwr? He wants one of those, would love to hear anyones experiences.
    Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Demarini falls into that Wilson baseball family. My son has been raving about the Demarini The Goods, the hybrid version. The big power hitter on his high school team has it. He said he has been able to swing it in BP and he loves it. The guy who owns it must love it also because he hit 5 HR’s in a 4 game span. The catcher on his showcase team also just recently got it and said he really likes it also. It appears to be slightly end loaded according to Demarini’s mass index.

https://www.demarini.com/en-us/bats/...r-baseball-bat

Comment

Thanks, I've heard good things about The Goods as well. Supposed to be similar to the select pwr. Will add to research list.
      Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

My son fell in love with the 2019 Select at the LS Museum. Santa got him one and we hit it in Florida over the holidays and he dug it. At the time, it was suppose to be Slugger's most end loaded model but I couldn't feel it and my son is not a power hitter. Not sure of the 2020 model as it was not available at the time we visited the museum.
        "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

If your son liked the Meta then the PWR is the same bat with a 10% additional end load. To me it feels the same off the barrel and is just as hot. YouTube has a video (bat Bros I think) of guys testing Meta PWR versus The Goods. Every single guy picks the Meta PWR.

Comment

Thx guys, good time to bat shop since I'm stuck at home.

Comment

my son's friend chose the demarini zen

Comment

I would second Hollowbox's recommendation. The Meta PWR is going to be a great replacement for your son. Especially if he already liked the Meta and wants a more end loaded bat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X