Looking for ideas on Pitching Practice with limited space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas on Pitching Practice with limited space

With the stay-at-home order, here in California, we are looking for ways to get the baseball work in at home in the garage and backyard.
    What do you do to work on pitching with limited space in the garage?
    Do you simulate actual pitching in the garage or limited space? If so, what do you do? And how do you get the same affect of pitching full distance when you only have 20 feet or so?

Maybe take a look at the TAP baseball training sock. My son has one of these and used to use it with heavy balls in the garage. Essentially you can throw full speed and the sock/glove catches the sock when you release it.

https://www.oatesspecialties.com/bas...ning-sock-1546

Comment

You want to lower his ERA by 1.00? Have him work on fielding come backers. (I know, ain't no college coach or pro scout gonna come out to watch a pitcher field.)
      Major Figure

Comment

Weighted ball drills along the Driveline program.
        "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

we aren't so concerned with keeping bullpen sharp as we are with keeping/getting stronger. mainly working plyoballs/band type stuff on a regular schedule, weights and just playing catch. if his arm is in shape, he can get mound ready pretty quickly, I think, but it doesn't look like they'll be playing for a while now. better to take advantage of this and build up his base rather than be concerned with staying honed.

Comment

The regular strength building programs you mentioned would be the easiest. I would work in push ups and lunges . Plyo box jumps for explosive movements. Too bad no long toss. I always liked a pitch back with a strike zone to throw against a work on consistant mechanics and grips.

Comment

+1 on the Throwback. The Champro Infinity has a curved frame that allows for a standard pitching strike zone, pop ups, and grounders based on where the throw hits it. The netting attaches with small springs that allow for some speed coming back at you. I do recommend using sandbags to weigh it down as it is very light and moves easily even with the small stakes it came with.
              "Whata crowd, whata crowd! I tell ya, I'm all right now but last week I was in rough shape..."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post
                Maybe take a look at the TAP baseball training sock. My son has one of these and used to use it with heavy balls in the garage. Essentially you can throw full speed and the sock/glove catches the sock when you release it.

https://www.oatesspecialties.com/bas...ning-sock-1546
                Ron Wolforth at The Texas Baseball Ranch put out a good video on Twitter the other day going over some throwing drills with the baseball sock to do while space is limited for throwing and that will keep your arm ready to go when baseball returns.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X