Best Low-Flight balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Low-Flight balls

I decided it is time to do more than hit into the net and work on some front toss/pitching to a live batter (we were still able to go to the ballpark a week ago by ourselves, but not anymore ). I would want something that has limited flight, but that I can also throw overhand. I don't like the front underhand toss myself (but can be convinced otherwise), so maybe something like the TCB YH74, Atec Hi.Per LTD, or something else? Maybe even the lighter powernet 12 oz. balls. I figure I could throw those with some authority (versus the heavier ones that would probably have to be underhanded). This would be for a 14U kid. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

We're happy with the Atec Hi. Per LTD balls. They will travel pretty far though... (16 year old). Started with SKLZ impact practice ball, large and golf ball size. The Atec balls are easier to pitch. You can throw them harder and they're not affected by wind too much. They are fun to hit!

Comment

I got these from Amazon about a week ago to try out. Extremely pleased with them. When I ordered, they had all white. It looks like they have been getting a bunch of orders as they are only down to 2 bundles left.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Driveline Hitting PlyoCare Balls

Comment

Thank you for posting this question! I too am looking at the TCBs. We have the solid ones and have no issues with them.

I came across some used ones from TCB and Sklz - they were both cracked. I am not sure if the seller left them out in the sun. I am not sure what type of lifespan could be expected, so I am on the fence.

If you do end up purchasing these, I would be interested in hearing your experiences down the road. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post
            I got these from Amazon about a week ago to try out. Extremely pleased with them. When I ordered, they had all white. It looks like they have been getting a bunch of orders as they are only down to 2 bundles left.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
            Thank you for posting this!

Comment

Powernet also has their version of the "hole balls". I have been very pleased with any Powernet product I have purchased. I bought some of their heavy balls about 2 years ago and they are still going strong. The TCB heavy balls purchased around the same time had the nipple come out and the sand come out already.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerNet-Crus...g-goods&sr=1-4

Comment

I got the TCB hole balls, and I found a way to get a 6-pack, so they were similar to 12 of the others in price (I don't need more than 6 anyways). We'll see how they work when I get them in.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X