Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st T-ball swing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st T-ball swing



    Last edited by pattar; 09-04-2020, 06:31 AM.

  • #2
    That's awesome...great foundation for his first game time swing!

    I'm looking forward to following this thread through LL, into TB, the HS years, and how his college recruiting goes. This could end up to be the longest running thread in BBF history 15 years from now.
    In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mudvnine View Post

      I'm looking forward to following this thread through LL, into TB, the HS years, and how his college recruiting goes. This could end up to be the longest running thread in BBF history 15 years from now.
      Lol...with the way the T-ball Dads/Coaches acted (some guy started arguing with the ump..seriously) I am not sure I will make it past next week

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pattar View Post

        Lol...with the way the T-ball Dads/Coaches acted (some guy started arguing with the ump..seriously) I am not sure I will make it past next week
        There were umpires there?! Our t-ball games didn't even count outs let alone the score (but, of course, the kids always knew the score and the out count).

        Comment


        • #5
          some guys would argue balls and strikes in a t-ball game

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bbrages View Post
            some guys would argue balls and strikes in a t-ball game
            I can only imagine how bad it would be if the kid was caught looking on strike 3. :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              Congratulations and you're off to a great start! Now, take care of that hat. Keep in mind that these games can be like dragging nails across a chalkboard as you hear all of the stupid stuff. Smile and sit back.
              RIP Joe Lindley (Jake Patterson) Oct. 25, 2019, Scott Sarginson (SSarge) Nov. 17, 2016, Donny Buster (Swingbuster) June 1st 2007. Greatly missed by so many!

              Comment


              • #8
                When is he trying out for the 5u travel team?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
                  When is he trying out for the 5u travel team?
                  Amazingly enough they actually have that..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
                    Congratulations and you're off to a great start! Now, take care of that hat. Keep in mind that these games can be like dragging nails across a chalkboard as you hear all of the stupid stuff. Smile and sit back.
                    You mean my hat throwing habit? I get my 1st crack at kicking that this weekend as my daughter is playing in her 1st tournament of the Fall down in TX. Wish me luck...competition is going to be really good so I am jumping in the deep end so to speak..lol
                    Last edited by pattar; 09-04-2020, 08:12 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gags View Post

                      I can only imagine how bad it would be if the kid was caught looking on strike 3. :-)
                      LOL!! Coach might go all "Earl Weaver" on the ump should that happen!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scrub View Post

                        There were umpires there?! Our t-ball games didn't even count outs let alone the score (but, of course, the kids always knew the score and the out count).
                        The whole spectacle was silly tbh but my son enjoyed himself so I am happy for him. He has been looking forward to putting on a uniform and playing a "real game" like his big sister for a while

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
                          Congratulations and you're off to a great start! Now, take care of that hat. Keep in mind that these games can be like dragging nails across a chalkboard as you hear all of the stupid stuff. Smile and sit back.
                          Often, this advice cant be appreciated until the window to take the advice has closed.
                          Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pthawaii View Post

                            Often, this advice cant be appreciated until the window to take the advice has closed.
                            True but the little guy has the advantage of having an older sister who plays ball and who I have ”practiced “ screwing up on so hopefully he can thank his big sis for breaking me in.
                            Last edited by pattar; 09-05-2020, 04:37 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I remember when the kid was at this stage. In our small town, boys and girls play together at this age. I couldn't count the number of times I would hear, "keep the shoulders level" when hitters would hit. You would hear parents shouting at each other during the game. We had umpires who were most likely freshmen in high school or a little older. Mostly these umpires kept score. I had a hard time with this age. Then, the games seemed to go on FOREVER.
                              RIP Joe Lindley (Jake Patterson) Oct. 25, 2019, Scott Sarginson (SSarge) Nov. 17, 2016, Donny Buster (Swingbuster) June 1st 2007. Greatly missed by so many!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X