X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattar
    replied
    Originally posted by 2025Dad View Post

First off, great play by the little guy!

Your comment about your daughter is something I often think about. My kid is in highschool now but his team often practices at the same park where he grew up playing.

When he's finishing up the T-ball / machine pitch kids are just showing up. They are all adorable with bags on their back that are bigger than they are. I find it impossible to believe that my kid was ever that small on a baseball field.

I'm about 10 years in to being a sports parent. I feel like with the mistakes I've made and lessons I've learned from places like this, if given a second chance I would be the most amazing youth sports parent of all time! A man can dream.... right?

​​​​​​​I hope you have a blast with your 2nd chance on the sports journey.
    My daughter is still only in 7th grade so I have time to make it up to her..if she lets me.

Leave a comment:

• 2025Dad
    replied
    Originally posted by pattar View Post

Yeah, he enjoys playing and Dad has learned to just let him play (poor DD was the guinea pig..) ]
    First off, great play by the little guy!

Your comment about your daughter is something I often think about. My kid is in highschool now but his team often practices at the same park where he grew up playing.

When he's finishing up the T-ball / machine pitch kids are just showing up. They are all adorable with bags on their back that are bigger than they are. I find it impossible to believe that my kid was ever that small on a baseball field.

​​​​​​​I'm about 10 years in to being a sports parent. I feel like with the mistakes I've made and lessons I've learned from places like this, if given a second chance I would be the most amazing youth sports parent of all time! A man can dream.... right?

​​​​​​​I hope you have a blast with your 2nd chance on the sports journey.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
    Could you imagine the narrative if I were describing my kid make that play? The throw alone would have been 107+ across the diamond.
    Nah..but the ball may been fielded on the other side of 2b in your description..lol.

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    Could you imagine the narrative if I were describing my kid make that play? The throw alone would have been 107+ across the diamond.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    No way! Took the angle to cut the ball off, went to the knees to catch it and then threw the runner out. Gold Glover Warning!!!
    Lol…Don’t get carried away

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    No way! Took the angle to cut the ball off, went to the knees to catch it and then threw the runner out. Gold Glover Warning!!!

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Dang, the little guy steps up and rakes. Good for him.
    Yeah, he enjoys playing and Dad has learned to just let him play (poor DD was the guinea pig..) He is not a big kid, never will be I don't think, but he is pretty
    fast and a good fielder (for 7) so hopefully he will get to continue playing for a bit. Bonus fielding clip looking like Roberto Alomar...lol

Leave a comment:

• Cannonball
    replied
    Dang, the little guy steps up and rakes. Good for him.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    LH “game” swing is actually better than RH swing now. If one is to be better would rather it be LH obviously but it would be nice if the RH progressed as well (has actually regressed a bit). Not a big deal obviously.
    Last edited by pattar; 09-19-2022, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Lefty swing from tonight

Last edited by pattar; 05-10-2022, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    First two swings of his spring coach pitch season. He turned 7 in Feb.

I'll throw in a highlight from his last basketball game of the year for good measure..lol

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Originally posted by baseabllmom View Post
    Congrats- looks like a fun time! Hope Robert enjoyed it!

My 6 year old daughter played softball this year, and it was great to go back to the t-ball / coach pitch level having experienced a bit of what comes after. The games are so charming; the kids improve rapidly; and I get another chance to see how team sports teaches positive life skills now that I am less focused on winning and whether my kid is "talented".
    Yes, I have an 11 YO girl who plays Travel Ball so I have seen the older side a bit. I will say though, that most of the other teams in the league were pretty focused on winning...LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• baseabllmom
    replied
    Congrats- looks like a fun time! Hope Robert enjoyed it!

My 6 year old daughter played softball this year, and it was great to go back to the t-ball / coach pitch level having experienced a bit of what comes after. The games are so charming; the kids improve rapidly; and I get another chance to see how team sports teaches positive life skills now that I am less focused on winning and whether my kid is "talented".

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Robert watching some old guy pitch in our last regular season game. We didn't win any games but a few of the kids did show some pretty good improvement and most seemed to have a good time.

1000x1332.jpeg
    Last edited by pattar; 06-17-2021, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pattar
    replied
    Two swings from his league's All Star game. LH swing is still behind but it is getting there.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X