Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts

Normally I post at DFP, but was curious to your guys take on my DD swing. She was a little late.

Clem1985, thank you for the post, on behalf of Mudvine and Cannonball.

Here is your daughter's swing. I was hoping to include her "TAKE" but the parameters allowing the recording and transformation was too brief in duration to capture an meaningful collection. Just an ask but not a requirement because it does take some work to covert your mp4 into GIF format for us analyze for a timely response...It did take some time for me to learn how to do this, but it is worth the effort in communicating through a channel in the years to come in your daughter's journey.

On behalf to the BB-Fever, Welcome!
    Clem1985.gif
    Last edited by Al_Oha; 05-05-2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Al! Not bad. I see some things that would be things I would monitor. For what I coach, I want my hitters to land on a flexed or soft front leg/knee. It looks like your daughter is landing on a straigher front leg. I would not change it if she is hitting. The problem I see in fastpitch is that hitters tend to raise up and top the ball a lot. We can see what others post here but, again, at first glance, I would not make any changes if she is hitting. BTW, I continue to look at the hands area. It seems that there is a little disconnection there and that she is losing that potential power base. Still, I would need more video before I am certain of this.
      Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Oha View Post
        Clem1985, thank you for the post, on behalf of Mudvine and Cannonball.

Here is your daughter's swing. I was hoping to include her "TAKE" but the parameters allowing the recording and transformation was too brief in duration to capture an meaningful collection. Just an ask but not a requirement because it does take some work to covert your mp4 into GIF format for us analyze for a timely response...It did take some time for me to learn how to do this, but it is worth the effort in communicating through a channel in the years to come in your daughter's journey.

On behalf to the BB-Fever, Welcome!
        Clem1985.gif
        I will try and post as GIF for now on here! Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
          Thanks Al! Not bad. I see some things that would be things I would monitor. For what I coach, I want my hitters to land on a flexed or soft front leg/knee. It looks like your daughter is landing on a straigher front leg. I would not change it if she is hitting. The problem I see in fastpitch is that hitters tend to raise up and top the ball a lot. We can see what others post here but, again, at first glance, I would not make any changes if she is hitting. BTW, I continue to look at the hands area. It seems that there is a little disconnection there and that she is losing that potential power base. Still, I would need more video before I am certain of this.
          Yes she is a little stiff on the front leg. I do think she was a little late timing wise, maybe that caused some of that. At times there is some disconnection for sure. I wonder at times if thats from active hip and shoulder turn?

Comment

A lot of good hitting instruction involves the cues and an explanation of what the instructor means from the cues. If I were coaching our daughter I would ask her to model and then try to let her back hip straighten her front leg.
            Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

A lot of good hitting instruction involves the cues and an explanation of what the instructor means from the cues. If I were coaching our daughter I would ask her to model and then try to let her back hip straighten her front leg.
              How do you define a firing rear hip, or how do you describe that?

Comment

Take your stance with flexed front knees. Initiate your swing going in slow motion. See your body as having top and lower halves. The top resist. The hips "fire" or begin their rotation. As they begin, see what happens to that front leg. This very simplistic. I try to demonstrate this by holding a pole or other device to show the action.

Comment

Take your stance with flexed front knees. Initiate your swing going in slow motion. See your body as having top and lower halves. The top resist. The hips "fire" or begin their rotation. As they begin, see what happens to that front leg. This very simplistic. I try to demonstrate this by holding a pole or other device to show the action.
                  Thanks for this explanation

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X