Big News for Me:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big News for Me:

This was formerly "big news for me thread" However, it is now the season thread. Mostly for hsers, talk about your season.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy... Why? Basketball is over... Well, I am not happy about that. Why am I happy? Baseball starts tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

I just got home from basketball, and I am in the middle of packing my bat-bag for tomorrow.

Just had to share this with everyone. I am very excited.

When do your (coaches, son's, or your teams) hs teams start?

Have a good day/ night

Connor

P.S. 20 hours until my season starts (as of 7:45 pacific standard time)
    Last edited by Go Cardinals; 02-04-2008, 08:01 PM.

Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post
    I am so happy... Why? Basketball is over... Well, I am not happy about that. Why am I happy? Baseball starts tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

I just got home from basketball, and I am in the middle of packing my bat-bag for tomorrow.

Have a good day/ night

Connor

Tryouts for HS teams start Monday, Feb 04.

Comment

good for you, your lucky, we have another month.

Comment

I'm very happy. I am sooo excited.

Comment

Baseball tryouts can't be held before March 1. The season can't begin before March 24. The state basketball championship is the weekend before. Our state association has cut into seasons to decrease or prevent overlap. Only football teams that go far into the playoffs overlap winter sports. But there have been "optional" (cough, gag, sarcasm) workouts for three weeks, twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
            Baseball tryouts can't be held before March 1. The season can't begin before March 24. The state basketball championship is the weekend before. Our state association has cut into seasons to decrease or prevent overlap. Only football teams that go far into the playoffs overlap winter sports. But there have been "optional" (cough, gag, sarcasm) workouts for three weeks, twice a week.
            Thats interesting... our school says we are changing sports as soon as your current season is over.

I really don't know. Are you from CA? The seasons may be different...

Comment

Good luck conner.
              Jake
              "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
              - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
                Good luck connor.
                Jake
                Thanks

What do you coach? When does it start?

Comment

Thanks
                  What do you coach? When does it start?
                  I coached HS and retired when I turned 50. I train up to college level. I went back to MS 2 years ago and love the age group. We start 3/17/08.
                  "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                  - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

GoC -- best of luck to you. Remember: you're armed with a lot of insights that your peers don't have. Go out and show 'em what you got and report back. I'd light a candle for you, but I'm Presbyterian, and we don't do that. I'll lift a cappucino in your honor instead.
                    sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Tryouts start 2/24 for us. "Optional" workouts are being held; athletes in winter sports are "exempt."
                      Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major View Post
                        GoC -- best of luck to you. Remember: you're armed with a lot of insights that your peers don't have. Go out and show 'em what you got and report back. I'd light a candle for you, but I'm Presbyterian, and we don't do that. I'll lift a cappucino in your honor instead.
                        thanks......

Comment

Have a good day/ night

Connor

Conner,

I'm glad you're pumped for this season. Some advice to take in consideration. I see you are a student of hitting. This can cause some problems with coaches and players. I don't know your coaches or players but be very very carefull in trying to force your understanding of hitting on them. This can create some problems that you don't want. I have players that have studied with me and some of the coaches can't relate to this. Take what you've learned and work to be the best Conner can be. If your Coach seems to not quite understand what you're doing don't battle with him on what his reality is on hitting. Don't force your reality on people. This can happen and the effects can harm your goals. Conner show what you know with your barrel and glove. This speaks for itself.

EL,
                          Last edited by Erik; 02-01-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            Connor,

I'm glad you're pumped for this season. Some advice to take in consideration. I see you are a student of hitting. This can cause some problems with coaches and players. I don't know your coaches or players but be very very carefull in trying to trying to force your understanding of hitting on them. This can create some problems that you don't want. I have players that have studied with me and some of the coaches can't relate to this. Take what you've learned and work to be the best Connor can be. If your Coach seems to not quite understand what you're doing don't battle with him on what his reality is on hitting. Don't force your reality on people. This can happen and the effects can harm your goals. Connor show what you know with your barrel and glove. This speaks for itself.

EL,
                            Yeah, thanks for the advice.

Thats the only part I am nervous about. Everyone in the school except for me is a "hard core linear hitter."

The coaches said that they accept both ways and are not going to try to change you. I'm very lucky about that.

However, some of my fellow players will think what I am doing is weird. They don't have the slightest knowledge about the game and especially hitting mechanics.

Anyway, I just have to fly under the radar. I'm trying to emulate Albert Pujols. I want to be a great player, great team player, and looked up too and respected by my team mates. Thats my goal.

Comment

you start on a saturday? lol anyway I start on monday thank god, the sports overlap bad here though thats why I didnt play baskeball this year, football if from right after the state tourney in baseball, to middle december, then basketball is from mid december to march 15. but yea im pumped too.
                              2008 varsity stats
                              AB-35 K-5 BB-6 H-14 2B-3 3B-0 HR-0 RBI-10 BA- .400
                              all stars pitching stats--- W-L= 1-0
                              IP- 5 H- 1 BB- 2 HR- 0 ER- 0 K- 8 ERA: 0.00

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X