injury prone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injury prone!

alright seriously this is pissing me off, i've never had sports injuries until this year i've never had more than a sore arm or scraped knee.... This year alone during allstars in june I pulled my hammy, then 2 months later partially tore it, then I had a lvl 2 high ankle sprain that put me on crutches for 3 weeks, Now 3 weeks ago I got tendonitis in my elbow, and now tonight im up at 4:40 cuz I cant sleep and I woke up with agonizing pain in my other ankle, its sprained too, I have no idea how though I was just running and it started hurting.... so now I missed most of football and im gonna miss some of baseball.... im really mad, anyone else this injury prone? I feel like god hates me and im feelin sorry for myself I guess.

like whats wrong with me? im only 15
    2008 varsity stats
    AB-35 K-5 BB-6 H-14 2B-3 3B-0 HR-0 RBI-10 BA- .400
    all stars pitching stats--- W-L= 1-0
    IP- 5 H- 1 BB- 2 HR- 0 ER- 0 K- 8 ERA: 0.00

Originally posted by jamesh23 View Post
    alright seriously this is pissing me off, i've never had sports injuries until this year i've never had more than a sore arm or scraped knee.... This year alone during allstars in june I pulled my hammy, then 2 months later partially tore it, then I had a lvl 2 high ankle sprain that put me on crutches for 3 weeks, Now 3 weeks ago I got tendonitis in my elbow, and now tonight im up at 4:40 cuz I cant sleep and I woke up with agonizing pain in my other ankle, its sprained too, I have no idea how though I was just running and it started hurting.... so now I missed most of football and im gonna miss some of baseball.... im really mad, anyone else this injury prone? I feel like god hates me and im feelin sorry for myself I guess.

I'm certainly no expert in this area, but I will tell you that almost EVERYTIME I read one of your posts, it has to do with "lifting", "training", "conditioning", "running", "overload-underloading"......along with how to increase bat-speed and throw "twisting pitches", and "Knucklers", and on and on and on.......

I would suggest you look up the effects of over training on the teenage body.

Comment

Your starting to get old

grin,

drill

take care of yourself
      Yogi Berra was asked by a reporter "How do you catch a knuckle ball?" He came right back and said "When it stops rolling"

Comment

Stretching and agility is far more useful in baseball then pounding the weights and so on. You'll see your injuries start to fall.

Comment

Rest...

I feel bad for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post
            Rest...

I feel bad for you...
            thanks bro, im gonna for like a week at least

Originally posted by BoardMember View Post
            I'm certainly no expert in this area, but I will tell you that almost EVERYTIME I read one of your posts, it has to do with "lifting", "training", "conditioning", "running", "overload-underloading"......along with how to increase bat-speed and throw "twisting pitches", and "Knucklers", and on and on and on.......

I would suggest you look up the effects of over training on the teenage body.
            well I talked about those, but never did them, occasionally you know.. I quit lifting 1 week before the season so i'd be fully rested, WE have to run and condition, I didnt do over/under, I havent throw but maybe 100 breaking balls outta the last 700 or so pitches.

Originally posted by Drill View Post
            Your starting to get old

grin,

drill

take care of yourself
            i'd like this to stay serious

Originally posted by JeepTJ12 View Post
            Stretching and agility is far more useful in baseball then pounding the weights and so on. You'll see your injuries start to fall.
            I stretched everday.
            2008 varsity stats

Comment

i'd like this to stay serious

growing pains

grin, just a thought,

drill
              Yogi Berra was asked by a reporter "How do you catch a knuckle ball?" He came right back and said "When it stops rolling"

Comment

Go swim...

Comment

growing pains

grin, just a thought,

drill
                  growing pains? I tore my hamstring, then pulled it, and I sprained my ankle, I had mri's done on it and it tore some of the tendons and stuff but that ankle is fine, now my other one is sprained. its not growing pains.
                  2008 varsity stats

Comment

Jamesh23,

How did you sprain your ankle? On a rock? Weight training has nothing to do with it. Deal.
                    Your Hammy problem is a firing sequence problem. Go out and run at different speeds and tempos and that problem will be gone. Weight training has nothing to do with it. Deal.
                    Your elbow problem is from injurious mechanics. Weight training has nothing to do with it.

DEAL!
                    Last edited by Dirtberry; 02-20-2008, 01:45 PM.
                    Primum non nocere

Comment

growing pains? I tore my hamstring, then pulled it, and I sprained my ankle, I had mri's done on it and it tore some of the tendons and stuff but that ankle is fine, now my other one is sprained. its not growing pains.
                      Well go swimming, sauna, and sports counseling.

drill

Comment

Are you sure you're not really Carl Pavano?

Comment

I had alot of the things you did and thought i was just way injury prone, but i took a break from lifting and then realized i was just overtraining and ive been injury free for the longest i can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtberry View Post
                            Jamesh23,

How did you sprain your ankle? On a rock? Weight training has nothing to do with it. Deal.
                            Your Hammy problem is a firing sequence problem. Go out and run at different speeds and tempos and that problem will be gone. Weight training has nothing to do with it. Deal.
                            Your elbow problem is from injurious mechanics. Weight training has nothing to do with it.

DEAL!
                            this time or the first? the first I got tackled and didnt move my feet and my cleats got caught in the ground, nd I twisted on it... this time idk it started hurting on saturday and I kept running on it, nd this morning I woke up in extreme pain.

Well go swimming, sauna, and sports counseling.

drill
                            No pool, no sauna in my town, sports counseling sorta like mental counseling? if it is be serious your startin to get on my nerves.
                            2008 varsity stats

Comment

ever consider hgh/steroids?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X