Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum pitching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Momentum pitching

    I was playing around today with Momentum Pitching just for fun and right away I started throwing harder then I have ever before using a "Traditional wind-up"

    Also my arm gets up on the center line which is 100% better then it ever has been. Also my arm speed has sky rocket and it felt like I was throwing some GAS, like never before. I see a increase in mph by at least 2 mph +.

    Also my arm externally rotates more then it ever has before.

    Take a look tell me what you think.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4qYkGceuw


    This was just for fun but I did throw very hard more then ever before so I might stay with them.

  • #2
    Do you like nyman's work? Just answer the question, it will make sense later...

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you mean Dick Mills momentum pitching?

      Nyman don't know to much about him

      Comment


      • #4
        Momentum is fine, but racing toward the plate is not nessesarily the answer. Make sure that no matter what tempo you have toward the plate that its something you can repeat over and over.

        There was nothing wrong with your previous delivery. I liked it.

        P.S. I build portable mounds, let me know if you want any advice.
        My own signature is not impressive, so I selected one that was...
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RIstar View Post
          Do you mean Dick Mills momentum pitching?

          Nyman don't know to much about him
          No, do you like Nyman's work? Do you like invertions? Do you want to pitch like Mark Prior?



          Comment


          • #6
            Well I have gained alot more arm speed and at least 2 mph using this wind-up with no leg lift. It feels like the ball is flying out of my arm like never before.

            I also think it's pretty easy to repeat since it is very simple in nature. My traditional wind-up is 100X's harder to repeat over and over and it seems like less mph and worst timing problems.

            I know it looks like a crazy weird thing but it works.

            I'm moving soon so I'm just going to use the step I have right now

            Comment


            • #7
              No I do not want to pitch like mark prior and I really have no idea where this is coming from.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RIstar View Post
                No I do not want to pitch like mark prior and I really have no idea where this is coming from.
                Read my next post...

                Do you want to pitch like kerry wood?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok whatever... look:



                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What about carpenter?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Card my arm gets up on the center line which there arms do not. That is the one big difference that you have missed. My arm is horizontal at landing then when my arm hits the center line it's up in the high cocked potition like Tim lincecum and dan haren.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This picture is pretty creepy... I see tommy john surgery too...
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well force is not applyed to the arm before landing can you please get me a photo at landing and also when my arm is at the center line?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RIstar View Post
                            Card my arm gets up on the center line which there arms do not. That is the one big difference that you have missed. My arm is horizontal at landing then when my arm hits the center line it's up in the high cocked potition like Tim lincecum and dan haren.
                            First of all, you get to that position like chris carpenter... kerry wood gets to a high position.


                            Next, no your not horizontal


                            Originally posted by RIstar View Post
                            Well force is not applyed to the arm before landing can you please get me a photo at landing and also when my arm is at the center line?
                            See these pictures:
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RIstar View Post
                              Well force is not applyed to the arm before landing can you please get me a photo at landing and also when my arm is at the center line?
                              Yes, but if the ball is not up when the foot lands, you will need tommy john surgery... later.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X