• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swing analysis please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1B05_j_3oE

thanks

Prince Fielder anyone?

That's at PG ain't it. Gotta be nice to have a facility like that.

I didn't see too many problem areas. Seems you might be slightly succeptable to offspeed stuff, but hard to tell facing a machine/BP.

Comment

yup its at pg.

ive been trying to get video off someone throwing, but the only times ive been able to, there wasnt enough space for me to set up a camera to get my whole body.

i do have trouble with slower pitching. that video was against 75mph. for some reason when i face slower pitches, my bat speed slows as well.

maybe i should bump up the speed to 85 or something. the only problem is there arent that many arms throwing that hard around here.

Comment

I remember being exstatic when PG came to DM. Pretty much every time I went there, the ICubs were in there as well. Too bad they picked an absolutely horrible location, and it didn't last long.

Don't worry about struggling with slower velocities. I have that problem too. Just gotta focus on letting it get deeper in the zone, and focusing on left-left center. Then if something leaks over the inner half, youre staying back and can turn and burn on it.

Maybe make friends with some of the Mt. Mercy guys. They have a few in the mid 80's. Plus they aren't very good at keeping the ball down

Comment

Shorten you stance about two inches, so you can bend your knees. Will give you more plate coverage. Right now you look locked in.

You look good, powerful. Just try it and see how it feel

IMHO,

drill

ps - my advice is free so take it for what its worth
          Yogi Berra was asked by a reporter "How do you catch a knuckle ball?" He came right back and said "When it stops rolling"

Comment

At first glance I am not sure but is your front elbow locking out? It seems as if it is straight on most of the pitches. If someone could convert it we could slow it down a bit more.

Cally
            Last edited by callyjr; 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by callyjr View Post
              At first glance I a not sure but is your front elbow locking out? It seems as if it is straight on most of the pitches. If someone could convert it we could slow it down a bit more.

Cally
              Right on Cally. The lead arm is barred and the swing is bordering on bat drag:

Comment

Originally posted by BoardMember View Post
                Right on Cally. The lead arm is barred and the swing is bordering on bat drag:

thought so, what a trained eye we have. He is not pulling it back to far, but must have been taught to throw the barrel at the ball because thats what i am seeing.

Having a tough time with the inside pitches?

Cally

Comment

The pitch could be middle away

Comment

When I took a quick look last night, I noticed the position of his elbows and wondered if there was slight bat drag. Also, If he shortened his stance and only strode forward instead of back, then forward, wouldn't he be more balanced? It's not a bad swing. It just has slight flaws to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo34 View Post
                      The pitch could be middle away
                      He is at the cages, He chooses where he wants the pitch right. Your recording your swing, are you going to select middle away? His arm is straight on every swing. He could just have a flaw that he is here to fix.

I agree with TG about the multiple steps but the actual swing is pretty good for the most part.

Cally

Comment

yup, its middle away.

Comment

He is at the cages, He chooses where he wants the pitch right. Your recording your swing, are you going to select middle away? His arm is straight on every swing. He could just have a flaw that he is here to fix.

If you can find a guy who can precisely put every single pitch in the exact same spot that I want every time, please send him my way.

And yes, when I film, I try to have pitches in all locations.

And Cubsphill just confirmed that it was, in fact, middle away.

Comment

Having a tough time with the inside pitches?

Cally
                            not as much as i used to. in the past week i went back to using the 'toe tap' because its easier for me to take the hands back when my hips start to open. the toe tap is much more comfortable for me than just a regular stride.

i used to wrap a little bit and the toe tap has made it easier for me not to wrap the bat.

what should i do to eliminate bat drag? keep the hands up with the shoulders rotating?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo34 View Post
                              I remember being exstatic when PG came to DM. Pretty much every time I went there, the ICubs were in there as well. Too bad they picked an absolutely horrible location, and it didn't last long.

the kernels use perfect game during the summer because its right down the street from the stadium. usually on rain outs they hit up pg.

pg will be expanding this facility eventually which is nice because there are rarely ever any cages open after 4pm.

they could really use a new weight room. you can tell theyve had this stuff since pg opened.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X