so confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so confused

I throw my curveball with a either 1-7 rotation or 12-6 rotation and it only breaks if I throw it slow then its a really huge loopy curveball. but when i throw it semi hard around 55-60 it only breaks about 1" what gives? I know it spins right by the way.
    2008 varsity stats
    AB-35 K-5 BB-6 H-14 2B-3 3B-0 HR-0 RBI-10 BA- .400
    all stars pitching stats--- W-L= 1-0
    IP- 5 H- 1 BB- 2 HR- 0 ER- 0 K- 8 ERA: 0.00

when youre throwing it hard, youre probably not throwing it like a curveball, getting the snap.

Comment

I thought your elbow hurts? Curveballs are the worst thing you can throw if you have elbow pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball gLove View Post
        I thought your elbow hurts? Curveballs are the worst thing you can throw if you have elbow pain.
        Which is probably due to the curve in the first place. I'm not comfortable discussing the curve ball when every kid in America can read it here. Jamesh23, there is a safe way to throw a curve. If you are extending your arm out and popping your elbow, you are throwing it wrong. I guess the next question is why you think you need one? We won't let freshmen in our program throw a curve until I've worked with them one on one. Even at that, we assess their abilities and severely limit the number they may throw in a game. As a sophomore, we are also very guarded. With Sophs, we don't let them throw the deuce until the weather warms up some. Winning isn't that important. Besides, we get a lot of mileage out of the FB, cut FB and Change. Then, as a Jr. and Sr. we let them progress further. To be honest, even that age the deuce isn't acceptable for some. Baseball gLove is right, if your elbow is hurting, stop throwing the deuce. JMHO!

Comment

i dont do a wrist snap I hold it like a curveball, point my hand to my ear and pull down hard, I do not extend my elbow, I throw a maxline pronation curveball where I pronate. and im a sophomore and our coach requires we throw one. and a cut fastball is bad I thought since it requires supination like a weaker slider.
          2008 varsity stats

Comment

requires? its high school...

Comment

Originally posted by cubsphill View Post
              requires? its high school...
              Talk about bad coaching...

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post
                nah our coaching staff got coaches of the year our pitching and main coach anyway. last time I checked it wasnt dangerous to throw a curveball at 15...
                2008 varsity stats

Comment

When you're throwing slow it isn't a curve, it's gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post

for real.

i get by on 4seam, 2seam, circle change. all you need in high school.

it works for me in perfect games indoor league too, 17 k's in 6 innings giving up 1 hit.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesh23 View Post
                      nah our coaching staff got coaches of the year our pitching and main coach anyway. last time I checked it wasnt dangerous to throw a curveball at 15...
                      Last time I checked... throwing a curveball can cause injury even at the pro level.

Also, I know you don't want to hear this, but with pain in your elbow?

Also, with growth plates?

Who cares what awards he's won... especially with growth plates in your elbows, curves are not good...

Unless you do it 100% correctly a special way (which I'm unaware of how to produce or how accurate that statement even was), than it's bad.

Comment

for real.

i get by on 4seam, 2seam, circle change. all you need in high school.

it works for me in perfect games indoor league too, 17 k's in 6 innings giving up 1 hit.

how hard do you throw? its hard to get by with a 70 mph fastball and 60 mph changeup in JV... really hard especially when you have good control but throw meatballs all the time.

Originally posted by ralanprod View Post
                        When you're throwing slow it isn't a curve, it's gravity.

I know that but it does break, I have been told my whoever I warm up with, it breaks 1-7.
                        2008 varsity stats

Comment

mid-upper 80s.

my changeup is my best pitch but im reluctant to throw it. because my fastball ususally gets me by.

Comment

mid-upper 80s.

my changeup is my best pitch but im reluctant to throw it. because my fastball ususally gets me by.
                            exactly heck low 80's is usually enough to overpower highschool hitters. dont assume I can do what you can when you throw almost 20 miles harder than me.
                            2008 varsity stats

Comment

i only threw 70s as a sophomore..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X