Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
    How to get a laser rocket arm.

1. STEP ONE: Select parents who are big strong fast and very athletic...

More to follow.

Sorry couldn't help myself
    Will there be a day when a kid sues his parents for not providing him with the right genetics and innate ability?

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
      There aren't any magic wands to improve athletic performance. It's commitment and hard work. It takes time. That's assuming the athlete has a reasonable level of innate ability.
      Very good point coach.

My son has been working at this for over 3 years now (he's 17) and is still working on things. I imagine he will for his entire baseball career (how ever far he chooses to go).

There is always something to improve and develop.

I realize it's human nature to want "everything right now" (especially in today's society), heck...my son is the same way. But one has to realize that skill development and ability do not just happen. It takes A TON OF WORK and many many hours of blood sweat and tears to achieve certain goals!!

And when they do "finally happen", you must be constantly vigil on maintaining that "razors edge" of your ability or you will backslide.

Anyways.....good point.

Carry on.

Comment

BGlove, do you have a reference for this? I have this in my book also. So either I owe him credit or he owes me. Would want to get fixed, especially if I owe him.
        I am sorry I don't. I know it is emphasized at his throwing camps and that he has been pushing his long toss routine since 1997. We have followed the Jaeger routine over 4 years. According to Jaeger if you can throw 300 feet, then your velocity is from 85 mph to high eighties. My son easily throws 300 feet.

Comment

How to get a laser rocket arm.

1. STEP ONE: Select parents who are big strong fast and very athletic...

More to follow.

Sorry couldn't help myself

You got it jake,,and if your dad has good form and knows how to throw,,you will get it too..if dad throws like a siisy chances are you will too..kids emulate dad when they are young:bowdown:

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
            Will there be a day when a kid sues his parents for not providing him with the right genetics and innate ability?
            My dada was a physicist - I'd rather have those genes.
            "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
            - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

My dad was a physicist - I'd rather have those genes.
              we all eventually end up in the real world anyway so prepare yourself accordingly..
              Last edited by Jake Patterson; 02-29-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesh23 View Post

I have a tens unit from my granny, where can I put all the 4 patches around my arm? like where?

You need to talk to your doctor, trainer to at least show you where to hook you up. Come on be serious about your health get on a good rehab program.

But if you want to listen to: The PHD Of Love just put them on to what and where it give you the most relief.

I will pray for your health,

drill
                Yogi Berra was asked by a reporter "How do you catch a knuckle ball?" He came right back and said "When it stops rolling"

Comment

Jamesh are you looking for a in-season Long toss or a Pitching porgram for off-season?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball gLove View Post
                    Jaeger Long Toss 1st step to long toss: DON'T THROW TO WARM UP, WARM-UP TO THROW. I have posted this several times, it was included in a direct response to you. If you are going to ask and not bother to read our responses, why bother asking for our opinions?
                    I do read all of your responses, all of them lol. and we do warm up, we run 2 poles, due a dynamic warmup which includes, high knees, butt kicks, shuffles, karaoke, lunges, and what not

then we stretch then throw.
                    2008 varsity stats
                    AB-35 K-5 BB-6 H-14 2B-3 3B-0 HR-0 RBI-10 BA- .400
                    all stars pitching stats--- W-L= 1-0
                    IP- 5 H- 1 BB- 2 HR- 0 ER- 0 K- 8 ERA: 0.00

Comment

Are you sure?

I am a low level amatuer adult player and can throw the ball on a good day about 275 feet with some arc to it.

Is that a 300 foot throw on a line?

Cause no way in hell I throw over 60mph on flat ground or off a mound on a good day. Never been gunned.

I am sorry I don't. I know it is emphasized at his throwing camps and that he has been pushing his long toss routine since 1997. We have followed the Jaeger routine over 4 years. According to Jaeger if you can throw 300 feet, then your velocity is from 85 mph to high eighties. My son easily throws 300 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by captlid View Post
                        I am a low level amatuer adult player and can throw the ball on a good day about 275 feet with some arc to it.

Is that a 300 foot throw on a line?

Cause no way in hell I throw over 60mph on flat ground or off a mound on a good day. Never been gunned.
                        I believe what Jake/Baseball Love say about long toss velocities. I doubt you throw 275 with "some" arc.
                        Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by kylebee View Post
                          I believe what Jake/Baseball Love say about long toss velocities. I doubt you throw 275 with "some" arc.
                          I've thrown that far as a 8th grader... with an arc though...

Comment

Your son is 15 right? There's no way he throws that hard without you knowing his exact velocity. He should be the ace on varsity. Do you claim that he does this without arc in the throw at all?

Comment

I do not think the on long toss can covert to the mound at all. Most people throw harder in long toss then they do on the mound so it's not a good way to track mph.

Comment

Originally posted by RIstar View Post
                                I do not think the on long toss can covert to the mound at all. Most people throw harder in long toss then they do on the mound so it's not a good way to track mph.
                                Of course it can convert. If you can throw X feet during long toss, you are able to throw faster than the person who throws less than X feet in long toss. Whether or not you are efficient enough on the mound to do it is another question.
                                Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X