X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAball
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesh23 View Post
    I have a tens unit from my granny, where can I put all the 4 patches around my arm? like where?
    You can put the patches right where it hurts. YOu just need 1 lead (1 wire with 2 patches) just keep them at least a half inch apart. Turn it on SLOWLY till you feel a slight tingle and then give it a tad bit more. Total time about 15 min. You will notice that after about 5 minutes you wont feel the tingle any more, its ok just leave it like that. Do it every other day. You will see that you will have to crank up the juice a little as you use it day by day. Also turn it OFF very SLOWLY , cuz you might turn it the wrong way.

BTW you can do some fun experiments with this on your other arm. put all 4 patches in a line down your lateral epicondlyl, stay on the muscle belly of your forearm and turn it up slowly. If you turn it high enough it will contract your muscles and move your wrist. Sorta trippy. DONT do it on your hurt arm.
    Last edited by LAball; 03-01-2008, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball gLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post
    Don't worry... I know exactly what your talking about... he going to make varsity?
    Next year looks for sure. He might get called up for a couple of games this year maybe for playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Go Cardinals
    replied
    Originally posted by Baseball gLove View Post
    Sorry but there are a couple of negative jealous people here.

I'd rather that he be a great fielder; more at-bats if you know what I mean.
    Don't worry... I know exactly what your talking about... he going to make varsity?

Leave a comment:

• Baseball gLove
    replied
    My next response is actually... wow that is cool. I believe you. I throw in low 80's and I'm 5-11 140... What is the point of lying here? Know what I mean?

Now if you said without arc, than I'd say I've seen vlad throw 290ft on a line from his back foot (no lie)...

The reason why I questioned you is that some guy said he could throw 270 without arc. Sorry.

Congrats with your son. Sounds like he could become a great pitcher. I wish I was on a better off season program. Sounds like your a great dad! I'm not just saying that.
    Sorry but there are a couple of negative jealous people here.

I'd rather that he be a great fielder; more at-bats if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Go Cardinals
    replied
    Yep, he is 15. Show me where I said he doesn't have an arc in his 300 foot throw. Also show me where I said he throws in the high eighties from the mound. He throws harder from SS than from the mound. He has been clocked at 85 on the mound, but he mostly throws nasty 2 seamers that tail in hard. He is 6' 1" 140 lbs. I can't wait to see another year or 2 plus 30-40 lbs on him.

Varsity has 2 pitchers throwing 90-93 mph. 2 others reach 89 and cruise 86-87 mph. Your next response is "Yeah Right" His high school is nationally ranked by Baseball America and is ranked one of the top high schools in Southern California by another publication.
    My next response is actually... wow that is cool. I believe you. I throw in low 80's and I'm 5-11 140... What is the point of lying here? Know what I mean?

Now if you said without arc, than I'd say I've seen vlad throw 290ft on a line from his back foot (no lie)...

The reason why I questioned you is that some guy said he could throw 270 without arc. Sorry.

Congrats with your son. Sounds like he could become a great pitcher. I wish I was on a better off season program. Sounds like your a great dad! I'm not just saying that.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball gLove
    replied
    Your son is 15 right? There's no way he throws that hard without you knowing his exact velocity. He should be the ace on varsity. Do you claim that he does this without arc in the throw at all?
    Yep, he is 15. Show me where I said he doesn't have an arc in his 300 foot throw. Also show me where I said he throws in the high eighties from the mound. He throws harder from SS than from the mound. He has been clocked at 85 on the mound, but he mostly throws nasty 2 seamers that tail in hard. He is 6' 1" 140 lbs. I can't wait to see another year or 2 plus 30-40 lbs on him.

Varsity has 2 pitchers throwing 90-93 mph. 2 others reach 89 and cruise 86-87 mph. Your next response is "Yeah Right" His high school is nationally ranked by Baseball America and is ranked one of the top high schools in Southern California by another publication.

Leave a comment:

• captlid
    replied
    Originally posted by kylebee View Post
    I believe what Jake/Baseball Love say about long toss velocities. I doubt you throw 275 with "some" arc.
    Quite hard to tell over a textual medium what you meant by that, so let me clarify. My full time working, office monkey job, weekend warrior self was quite happy to throw a ball from deep right field [325-350 feet from home plate] last summer and prevented a runner from going first to third. The ball got to the thirdbaseman on a long one hop and shocked the runner and my brand new teammate. That same situation happened twice during that game.

On the other hand I learned that the only infield positions safe for me to play with guys my age, [mid 20's] is firstbase and catcher. The game sure does increase in speed once the guys hit the age of 18 and up.

Leave a comment:

• kylebee
    replied
    Great to hear it... are you the head of the program?
    Just an assistant. The Varsity HC quit three weeks before the season started, so it caused a major shift in the ranks. I came in to work with freshmen because I knew over half of them from LL.

Leave a comment:

• Go Cardinals
    replied
    Good! We have to make the final cuts pretty soon, but as I said before, it's tough to figure out with so many JV/Varsity kids being possibly ineligible. Plenty of freshmen are good enough to start on JV, but they won't need them unless ineligibility problems occur.

We have two very good pitchers, a switch-hitter in the leadoff spot, and a lot of lefty bats. The defense is good, with second base being a bit weak, but a star-studded outfield to chase down plenty of fly balls.

It's looking up - the program should be good for a few years. I'm trying to fill the schedule with games against tougher competition, since not all the teams in our division have freshmen squads. Hopefully we can get a few games vs. tough JV opponents to round out our year.
    Great to hear it... are you the head of the program?

Leave a comment:

• kylebee
    replied
    hows your team going?
    Good! We have to make the final cuts pretty soon, but as I said before, it's tough to figure out with so many JV/Varsity kids being possibly ineligible. Plenty of freshmen are good enough to start on JV, but they won't need them unless ineligibility problems occur.

We have two very good pitchers, a switch-hitter in the leadoff spot, and a lot of lefty bats. The defense is good, with second base being a bit weak, but a star-studded outfield to chase down plenty of fly balls.

It's looking up - the program should be good for a few years. I'm trying to fill the schedule with games against tougher competition, since not all the teams in our division have freshmen squads. Hopefully we can get a few games vs. tough JV opponents to round out our year.

Leave a comment:

• Go Cardinals
    replied
    Sure, some of my freshmen can throw 250-270 feet more or less on a line, and they throw upper 70's / lower 80's from the mound.
    hows your team going?

Leave a comment:

• kylebee
    replied
    I've thrown that far as a 8th grader... with an arc though...
    Sure, some of my freshmen can throw 250-270 feet more or less on a line, and they throw upper 70's / lower 80's from the mound.

Leave a comment:

• kylebee
    replied
    Originally posted by RIstar View Post
    I do not think the on long toss can covert to the mound at all. Most people throw harder in long toss then they do on the mound so it's not a good way to track mph.
    Of course it can convert. If you can throw X feet during long toss, you are able to throw faster than the person who throws less than X feet in long toss. Whether or not you are efficient enough on the mound to do it is another question.

Leave a comment:

• RIstar
    replied
    I do not think the on long toss can covert to the mound at all. Most people throw harder in long toss then they do on the mound so it's not a good way to track mph.

Leave a comment:

• Go Cardinals
    replied
    I am sorry I don't. I know it is emphasized at his throwing camps and that he has been pushing his long toss routine since 1997. We have followed the Jaeger routine over 4 years. According to Jaeger if you can throw 300 feet, then your velocity is from 85 mph to high eighties. My son easily throws 300 feet.
    Your son is 15 right? There's no way he throws that hard without you knowing his exact velocity. He should be the ace on varsity. Do you claim that he does this without arc in the throw at all?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X