ceramic bats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceramic bats?

I just got the Legion rules for 2008. It lists acceptable bats as wood, metal, ceramic or graphite. I have never heard of ceramic bats and I've talked to some good HS coaches who also have never heard of them. Any of you know anything about them?

Didn't Louisville Slugger have some ceramic type bats back around 1995-1998?
    MAXX Training - the latest on sports training & athletic performance! www.maxxtraining.com

Comment

Easton made one in the late 80's

The HS team I played on from 86-89 had one around 87 or 88 for about a week. It was made by Easton...best I can remember it was putty-gray with Green EASTON writing on it. It began cracking/chipping within the first week and we returned it and got an aluminium bat instead. I didn't like the way it felt/hit the ball at all. Not anything like the modern composites.

Comment

No major bat companies make ceramic bats anymore but I'm sure they released a few before. I think Louisville Slugger had one like 10 years ago or so and it was white like the one guy said.
        "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Comment

Speaking of ceramic, about 20 years ago, I saw some shoes on sale with ceramic spikes. The owner of the store told me every pair he had sold had come back due to the spikes chipping. I don't remember the brand name on them.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillsPhan11 View Post
            No major bat companies make ceramic bats anymore but I'm sure they released a few before. I think Louisville Slugger had one like 10 years ago or so and it was white like the one guy said.

Yep, the one I remember was white--it hit the ball pretty well until it broke in half
            MAXX Training - the latest on sports training & athletic performance! www.maxxtraining.com

Comment

If you go to http://www.acers.org/purdymuseum/exhibit2/e20006b.asp there is a ceramic bat. I don't really understand why anybody would think it would be a good idea to make one because as anybody who's ever owned a mug knows, they tend to crack when you just drop it two feet. what did they think would happen with repeated blows from a baseball?
              Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X