Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padday
    replied
    If you go to http://www.acers.org/purdymuseum/exhibit2/e20006b.asp there is a ceramic bat. I don't really understand why anybody would think it would be a good idea to make one because as anybody who's ever owned a mug knows, they tend to crack when you just drop it two feet. what did they think would happen with repeated blows from a baseball?

Leave a comment:

• Maxx
    replied
    Originally posted by PhillsPhan11 View Post
    No major bat companies make ceramic bats anymore but I'm sure they released a few before. I think Louisville Slugger had one like 10 years ago or so and it was white like the one guy said.

Yep, the one I remember was white--it hit the ball pretty well until it broke in half

Leave a comment:

• Macker
    replied
    Speaking of ceramic, about 20 years ago, I saw some shoes on sale with ceramic spikes. The owner of the store told me every pair he had sold had come back due to the spikes chipping. I don't remember the brand name on them.

Leave a comment:

• PhillsPhan11
    replied
    No major bat companies make ceramic bats anymore but I'm sure they released a few before. I think Louisville Slugger had one like 10 years ago or so and it was white like the one guy said.

Leave a comment:

• bamajeff
    replied
    Easton made one in the late 80's

The HS team I played on from 86-89 had one around 87 or 88 for about a week. It was made by Easton...best I can remember it was putty-gray with Green EASTON writing on it. It began cracking/chipping within the first week and we returned it and got an aluminium bat instead. I didn't like the way it felt/hit the ball at all. Not anything like the modern composites.

Leave a comment:

• Maxx
    replied
    Didn't Louisville Slugger have some ceramic type bats back around 1995-1998?

Leave a comment:

• bbjunkie
    started a topic ceramic bats?

ceramic bats?

I just got the Legion rules for 2008. It lists acceptable bats as wood, metal, ceramic or graphite. I have never heard of ceramic bats and I've talked to some good HS coaches who also have never heard of them. Any of you know anything about them?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X