One arm swings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One arm swings

I have been working on developing my swing as most here know. This drill has help develop better function in regards to the back arm. I feel This helps get the back arm alive and ready to work. The front arm is just important and I will post some drills ASAP! I wanted to post this clip to help others incorporate a drill IMO that has taken my swing to a higher level. This drill is something that I now apply daily before I hit and hope others can see it's value.

www.teachersbilliards.com/Erikonearmdrill.gif

EL,

That is almost exactly what I do... and has helped bring my swing to the next level. Instead of throwing the ball, I took your advice from our phone conversation and use my heavy bag. I'll send you a clip later.

I love that drill. Best drill by far!

I can't wait for the top hand drills. My top hand could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      I have been working on developing my swing as most here know. This drill has help develop better function in regards to the back arm. I feel This helps get the back arm alive and ready to work. The front arm is just important and I will post some drills ASAP! I wanted to post this clip to help others incorporate a drill IMO that has taken my swing to a higher level. This drill is something that I now apply daily before I hit and hope others can see it's value.

www.teachersbilliards.com/Erikonearmdrill.gif
      My concern is that there's a lot of drag in your swing. I don't know if that's inevitable or not, but it could ingrain some bad habits.
      Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
        My concern is that there's a lot of drag in your swing. I don't know if that's inevitable or not, but it could ingrain some bad habits.

-

Comment

Erik -

I would try more early tip emphasis before the rip as with the bat tipping in front of the head as with Reid (even though this is 2 hand swing)

http://www.hittingillustrated.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Go Cardinals View Post

-
            What's the point of this?
            Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

I agree Tom... when I do that drill (top hand), I first tip to second base then to the second basemen. Although I don't do this in my swing, it helps me get the desired feel that I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
                What's the point of this?
                He has bat drag too then right? Look at his bottom arm action... they are both the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  I have been working on developing my swing as most here know. This drill has help develop better function in regards to the back arm. I feel This helps get the back arm alive and ready to work. The front arm is just important and I will post some drills ASAP! I wanted to post this clip to help others incorporate a drill IMO that has taken my swing to a higher level. This drill is something that I now apply daily before I hit and hope others can see it's value. www.teachersbilliards.com/Erikonearmdrill.gif
                  EL,
                  Eric, if you want to develop a back hand drill why not develop one that more emulates a truer bat path. this one is very flat. What would this drill look like if you had someone holding a hitting stick?
                  "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                  - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
                    Eric, if you want to develop a back hand drill why not develop one that more emulates a truer bat path. this one is very flat. What would this drill look like if you had someone holding a hitting stick?
                    IMO, the top hand resembles this this top hand:

See what I mean?

Comment

IMO, the top hand resembles this this top hand:

See what I mean?
                      I'm questioning his bat path.

Comment

I'm questioning his bat path.
                        Who's? Lee's or Erik's?

Comment

Jake,

I have other swing paths. This is just one swing. This is a tough drill and my focus is working on keeping the back elbow from dragging. My back arm is still developing. I like to be able to make adjustments from the flips. The hitting stick is also good. I like to start hitting balls up the middle with this drill before I start driving the ball.

EL,

Comment

Who's? Lee's or Erik's?
                            Connor read the posts. I am questioning Eric's hand path. Not a big deal I wished my players had his skill. I just don't understand why you would emulate a swing path he is not likely to use in a game.

Comment

Connor read the posts. I am questioning Eric's hand path. Not a big deal I wished my players had his skill. I just don't understand why you would emulate a swing path he is not likely to use in a game.
                              Why? because I feel that if you put the top hand onto the bat... then you have the ground work of the high level MLB swing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X