Question for coaches and administrators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for coaches and administrators

As some of you know may I've had a small business customizing jerseys for a while now, and I just got my first chance to do a presentation to the board of a local Little League organization. the order would be 22 teams of 15 players (MLB and MiLB replica "jersey style" t-shirts with correct number fonts), with 6 all star teams later in the season. Does anyone have any ideas on what sort of services we could offer to stand out from the competetion? So far, we have ideas to make the "handing out" of the uniforms easier on the coaches, extremely quick service, and the ability to order replacements and extras with ease. Any other tips?
    "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

The biggest and really only problem we have had in the past with our suppliers is the time to receive and quality.

Last year, our jerseys were late late late. On opening day we had only a handful of TeeBall teams with jerseys. No other teams were available until the following week. On top of that, the words on the jerseys peeled off within days on most of the shirts.

Needless to say, this year our league went with a different company, but our opening day is this Saturday and only the TeeBall and Softball teams have received jerseys. I'm starting to get nervous!

Comment

That's not the first time I've heard that. I'm looking at keeping leadtimes to around a week to week and a half for whole team and league orders, and quicker for individual products or replacements. That sound adequate?

And thanks for the response, jbolt- much appreciated.
      "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

Comment

Originally posted by tmorss9 View Post
        That's not the first time I've heard that. I'm looking at keeping leadtimes to around a week to week and a half for whole team and league orders, and quicker for individual products or replacements. That sound adequate?

And thanks for the response, jbolt- much appreciated.

That sounds good. One thing that hurts as a customer is that we have late registrations all the way up to about 2 weeks before opening day (depending on availability with each team/division). With that in mind. We would love to put in the orders as soon as the teams are completed, but we spend the next few weeks getting late registrations and placing those kids on teams so that ups the orders every time. This causes our orders to be pushed back until a few weeks from opening day.

I would imagine it is similar to other leagues, so it may be something to keep in mind when promising leadtimes. You wouldn't want to promise a week leadtime and then accept late orders the day before their due and still be expected to have all the orders done on that day.

Of course that is something that can be discussed with the league you are working with.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X