One-armed Batting Drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ursa Major View Post
    Jim wasn't recommending that you use an "end-weighted" bat. Rather, he was saying a wiffle bat was useless for this drill, because it has no weight at the end. There is a huge middle area between the two extremes from which the hitter can select an appropriately-weighted bat.
    Once again, YOU understood correctly, what I stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major View Post
      The drill is to emulate the good swing, so the finish should be similar. In any case, the one-arm swing by definition isn't quite so powerful and I look to.... Rather, he was saying a wiffle bat was useless for this drill, because it has no weight at the end. There is a huge middle area between the two extremes from which the hitter can select an appropriately-weighted bat.
      Which is why folks should use the special one-hand bats available on the market. I once used a small T-ball bat and strained myself with over zealous one-hand training. My 11U son and I both use an 18" bat for the one-hand drill, and a 24" bat for two-hand drills. As has been pointed out earlier, the drills are designed to promote swing path mechanics not strength, a subtle point I missed in my early "baseball training education".
      Have Fun and Play Hard!

Chuck Faulkner
      Tazewell TN 37879
      The Glove Medic

Comment

Originally posted by jbooth View Post
        Once again, YOU understood correctly, what I stated.
        Nobody is talking about adding extra weight to the end of a Bat. YOU can continue to do whatever YOU want.

Why is there a change in orientation and stress in a lead arm swing? The drill is to emulate the good swing, so the finish should be similar. In any case, the one-arm swing by definition isn't quite so powerful and I look to make sure the elbow doesn't completely lock at the end of the drill, as it's potentially harmful and doesn't help the drill at all.
        Good luck with that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X