"Teach Your Son How To Hit The#*$!!Out Of The Ball"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Teach Your Son How To Hit The#*$!!Out Of The Ball"

This is a very good product for all levels. I still can't believe the cost. I was very happy at the turn around time ordering this from setpro. I'm also very pleased that you are selling this to anyone that wants to further their knowledge of the swing. IMO you have much to contribute and this product is full of valuable well organized information that can help explain what PCRW is all about and other important swing thoughts. The best $39.00 I have spent on a product to help teach/learn hitting. This product is full of useful information which will help all buyers learn more about what's involved developing a high level swing. Well done!

EL,
    Last edited by Jake Patterson; 03-14-2008, 05:58 PM.

He also claims Robert Stock success is all due to set pro, I wonder how the kid graduated at 16 and through a 90 mph fastball. I guess set pro did that.

Cally
    Last edited by Jake Patterson; 03-15-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Go Cardinals; 03-15-2008, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I think you are misrepresenting what was pre or post setpro. I personally don't have a dog in the fight, but his dad has been with setpro all along. I see it as 3 different styles and the kid experimenting, but that's about it.

Comment

I try to avoid defending Paul since he has "been Paul" with me more than once but asking father Stock might make more sense than mocking a story one has not read.

Comment

I'm with Mark in terms of offering defense. However, there is absolutely no question that Stock Sr has credited Nyman frequently and publically. As for throwing 90mph - Setpro's tradition is deeper for pitching than for hitting. And even Guerry concedes that the pitching material is pretty darned good.

Regards,

Scott

Comment

Go Cards,

Why do you let richard use you like this? You seem to be a fairly intelligent young man, however, you lose credibility when you post something like this about which you seem to know very little. Compare richard's primary student with Stock's and then tell me you think that richard, like he said on e-teamz, could help young Mr. Stock.

Keep in mind that one is contributing at a major D1.

Comment

What the big issue with Robert Stock? The kid is hitting over 300, has a couple of bombs, pitched very well in limited time, and he's an 18 year old sophomore! Get off the kid...

I think he looks good. Is he capable of doing some things better? Yes. But hes not broken, and still looks like a hell of a prospect.

To be fair, get a clip of one of his home runs from this year and put it side by side with a home run from high school. Why are we comparing his swing off a curveball, where he was trying to stay back as long as possible, to a batting practice home run? Compare his "A" swing to his "A" swing... Not his "A" to his "B".
                My own signature is not impressive, so I selected one that was...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deemax View Post
                  What the big issue with Robert Stock? The kid is hitting over 300, has a couple of bombs, pitched very well in limited time, and he's an 18 year old sophomore! Get off the kid...

I think he looks good. Is he capable of doing some things better? Yes. But hes not broken, and still looks like a hell of a prospect.

To be fair, get a clip of one of his home runs from this year and put it side by side with a home run from high school. Why are we comparing his swing off a curveball, where he was trying to stay back as long as possible, to a batting practice home run? Compare his "A" swing to his "A" swing... Not his "A" to his "B".

Agree - Stock Sr and Jr have done an excellent job.
                  "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                  - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Why would someone be absolutely beside themselves with JOY at the perception that an 18 year old is not doing well. When will some people have had enough with this boorish narcicistic behavior? This young man, at 18, has achieved more than many have and I for one wish him well. BTW, those stats are not unexpected for 18 year olds playing at the level he's playing. Most of us, as parents, would be very happy. JMHO!

DeeMax, you see the problem. IN ORDER FOR SOME TO MAKE A POINT AND WIN AN ARGUMENT THEY'LL DO ANYTHING. An example is presenting video of different swings at different pitches. However, they'll scream Hansen Principle. How about "Butler Principle?" If you're going to present a case, present swings based upon same type pitch, same speed pitch and same location pitch. Decrying "Hansen Principle" is like screaming for dessert when you haven't had any meat and potatoes.
                    Last edited by CoachB25; 03-15-2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachB25 View Post
                      Why would someone be absolutely beside themselves with JOY at the perception that an 18 year old is not doing well. When will some people have had enough with this boorish narcicistic behavior? This young man, at 18, has achieved more than many have and I for one wish him well. BTW, those stats are not unexpected for 18 year olds playing at the level he's playing. Most of us, as parents, would be very happy. JMHO!

DeeMax, you see the problem. IN ORDER FOR SOME TO MAKE A POINT AND WIN AN ARGUMENT THEY'LL DO ANYTHING. An example is presenting video of different swings at different pitches. However, they'll scream Hansen Principle. How about "Butler Principle?" If you're going to present a case, present swings based upon same type pitch, same speed pitch and same location pitch. Decrying "Hansen Principle" is like screaming for dessert when you haven't had any meat and potatoes.
                      Ahh.... the "Butler Principle." I already use the Hanson Principle in my classes. The Butler Principle has as much merit. Way to go D!
                      "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                      - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawmLee View Post
                        Go Cards,

Why do you let richard use you like this? You seem to be a fairly intelligent young man, however, you lose credibility when you post something like this about which you seem to know very little. Compare richard's primary student with Stock's and then tell me you think that richard, like he said on e-teamz, could help young Mr. Stock.

Keep in mind that one is contributing at a major D1.
                        Do you read posts? All I did was post videos... never made an opinion one way or another.

Originally posted by Encinitas View Post
                        I think you are misrepresenting what was pre or post setpro. I personally don't have a dog in the fight, but his dad has been with setpro all along. I see it as 3 different styles and the kid experimenting, but that's about it.
                        That's why I took out the writing...

All I simply did was post clips of stock so people could see. I don't know anything about stock. I simply just posted clips...
                        Last edited by Go Cardinals; 03-15-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I have no issues with Stock, I also have no ties to RICHARD, as a matter of fact I am not even a paid member currently.

Simply was pointing out that Nyman's claim to fame is Stock, he sent me a 10 minute video on Stock from LL on up to promote his software. I don't have anything personal against Nyman.

cally
                          Last edited by callyjr; 03-15-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Follow Nyman and you can get a good throw, but he'll ruin your swing.

The overall Nyman throwing model is excellent: buggy whip/bow-arch-bow,flatbed -merrygoround - ferris wheel. Scap load attention is good. Throw is best thought of as somewhat separate upper and lower body programs which synch. Overall Nyman got off course with later middle out emphasis and abandoning the "there is such a thing as good mechanics" approach for the nonsensical "functional"/"inductive" approach. This deviation has gotten him into trouble with throwing info. and ruined his attempt to describe the MLB swing pattern.

With regard to throwing the 2 big missing pieces are :

1- lead arm action which Wolforth (double bow-arch-bow and lead arm swivel cues) and Hodge (lead arm internal rotation to avoid flying open) both supplement, and

2- how to synch upper and lower body, since high level pattern is blend of upper and lower body that needs to synch and merge. Only Hodge explains this well as synched back arm and lead leg external rotation.

With regard to swing, his model is entirely wrong and you will will get off track unless you AVOID his advice.

Comment

Great genetics can overcome bad mechanics, or bad "instruction". Nyman said it himself. "No instruction is better than bad instruction."
                              Last edited by XV84; 03-15-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X