opinions on pitching mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIstar View Post
    IMO I think Tim Lincecum is the pitcher that should be looked at. OR even a K-rod beside the falling off the mound. Slow and controlled doesn't work to a point if you are to slow you will not be able to transfer the energy up the chain.

Try to find a good tempo like Justin Verlander has.
    Dan Haren throws very slow...

Comment

Originally posted by RIstar View Post
      IMO I think Tim Lincecum is the pitcher that should be looked at. OR even a K-rod beside the falling off the mound. Slow and controlled doesn't work to a point if you are to slow you will not be able to transfer the energy up the chain.

Try to find a good tempo like Justin Verlander has.
      I disagree. IMO, you should not try to be 'explosive' if its not comfortable for you. I think you should do whatever feels the best, I used to try to do that "explosive mechanics" bs that Dick Mills advocates and I walked as many people as innings pitched. This season I slowed it down to what feels natural and comfortable for me and I can control the ball so much better and I'm a much, much better pitcher.
      Yeah, Tim Lincecum and Francisco Rodriguez do it but I'm sure that they didn't force themselves to throw it that quick, that's just how they throw. I think for most people that try to do this it's going to lead to rushing problems and they might struggle with control. Long strides and hip/shoulder seperation is good, I agree with that. But you don't need to move fast to have either. There are plenty of MLB pitchers that move slow.
      Last edited by EdmondsFan#1; 03-26-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X